Help ! Cleaning sponge went down the filter opening (master spa twilight)

DDSpa4me

We had the filters out on our hot tub as we started draining it and were wiping down the filter housing with a sponge.  That sponge got sucked down one of the filter openings.  I can not find a clear diagram on the manufacturer website of where that pipe flows next, though I suspect to one of the pumps.  Most of the pipes are hidden in foam insulation so I can't follow them.  I tried sticking a wire down the opening to see if it was close enough to snag.  No luck.  I tried using a shop vac to suck it out once the spa was drained.  Got water, but no sponge.

Any idea what to try next?  I don't have a wrench large enough to unscrew the fittings and can't budge them by hand.  I don't want to destroy the pump when I turn it on.  Do I have to call a repair guy out?  If I don't turn it back on, it will freeze.