Hydropool Serenity 4000 failure

Hi all.  Yesterday I was getting the 269 r2 ll1 error message on our 5 year old tub. Turned off at the power point and it came back with the error. Left overnight and now saying FLO error on the screen.

Spoke to hydropool and without an engineer think it may need a pack replacement.

Cost to replace and fit was over 1000. This seems expensive or is it just an expensive product?

Thanks in advance for your help!

269 R2 LL1 Is the boot up sequence and not an error code. Normal. How old are your filters and when was the last time you cleaned them? Remove filters and reset power. Run spa without filters until you find the problem. Make sure all jets are open. Verify the heater related pump is running and flowing water. If it is not running test fuses. Let us know results and we can go from there. Post photos of the spa pack and topside control so we know what model Gecko Spa pack you have.

On 12/1/2021 at 11:50 AM, CanadianSpaTech said:

269 R2 LL1 Is the boot up sequence and not an error code. Normal. How old are your filters and when was the last time you cleaned them? Remove filters and reset power. Run spa without filters until you find the problem. Make sure all jets are open. Verify the heater related pump is running and flowing water. If it is not running test fuses. Let us know results and we can go from there. Post photos of the spa pack and topside control so we know what model Gecko Spa pack you have.

Hiya!

Thanks for your reply. After I posted the original I spoke to a local spa engineer and he said to leave it off 48 hours. It's done this and that code is coming up sounds like it starts then cuts out and resets 

Occasionally it was coming up with FLO on the screen.

No pump is running or heating. Filter was changed a week ago and not used since!

May I ask how do I test the fuses? And what would I be testing for?

Many thanks

11 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

If it just keeps resetting the boot up sequence over and over there is an issue with the low voltage power supply on the circuit board. It is repairable however you would need an electronics person that kinda knows what to look for. 

Thanks for this. So I guess a hot tub engineer is the best person for the job?

9 hours ago, Iambigbrother2 said:

So I guess a hot tub engineer is the best person for the job?

Yes...and no. If you can't DIY and remove it to send it to an electronics repair shop then you will need someone to remove it and reinstall it when it is finished. You will also have to find a shop capable of making the repair...or have a tech replace the complete unit with new. More expensive but it is done.