Viper 56-Frame broken hose

DGA

First time hot tub owner so my knowledge and lingo is fairly underwhelming, but we just purchased a house that came with an older (10 years-ish) strong spas hot tub. We used it half a dozen times and it worked great, after the last time I could hear water draining though. If the pump was on or off it drained the same, and basically would have drained the whole tub from what I’m assuming. I watched it close for 2 hours and it had a steady flow the entire time. Eventually I used a submersible pump and pumped the tub dry.

After pulling off the panels I found a flexible pvc hose that it looks like the fitting broke where it connects to, and inside of the pump? Do I just need to pull the pump, remove the broken fitting, and reconnect the hose, or what? Any advice is appreciated. Attached are some pictures that hopefully show the issue.

In the close up picture of the hose and black fitting you can see where it broke just beneath the white threaded PVC connection. 

07B945CE-B0E9-4B26-8243-AA4B588FF3DC.jpeg

058FE4FA-A5FC-4719-8307-924F78765C8A.jpeg

Disclaimer: I'm not a spa pro, just have kept a 1988 spa working since back then.

I would investigate to see if there's any way to tap pipe threads where the broken part was; if so, a NPT male hose barb might solve your problem.  It's also possible that a cover for that pump would be available separately, then you'd just need a new cover and new gasket/O-ring for that, and could possibly repair that without even removing the pump.

Third option would be to get a replacement pump or pump/motor combination.

Someone here will know exactly what the little hose actually does, and likely provide better help.

4 hours ago, DGA said:

Do I just need to pull the pump, remove the broken fitting, and reconnect the hose

Yes... One of these: https://www.poolandhottubdepot.com/pump-drain-plug-hose-barb-adaptor/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-eeMBhCpARIsAAZfxZBVTn9PCVBBAbqQw-RAOwKTenfMw_ovdyB9ktvprDdzOjjE6SvpW_waAqtBEALw_wcB

Use a flat head screwdriver through the center of the piece left in the housing and turn it out.

• Like 1