Gunite Repair

Chuck77

image.thumb.jpg.424fd1d1953f84d183b034bdbe5ace9e.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.899117d6ac4c1d67f82df6c2ad35d2e0.jpgI need advice on a repair to my in-ground pool. As you can see in the pics below, the outer shell of my pool has been eroding away in several spots due to water leaking down from above. The concrete patio, which I have just removed, had been sinking and causing rain water to puddle up against the outer edge of the coping. The pool mastic was cracked and this allowed the water to seep down between the pool and the patio. It looks like this water was causing the outer shell (adjacent to the soil) of the gunite to erode away. I was able to chip away the loose pieces and used compressed air to clean out most of the dirt and other loose debris. I plan to pour a new concrete patio but first I’m thinking I should probably patch these damages on the pool. I was thinking of using a mixture of 1:2 Portland cement/sand but I’m not sure. Looking for suggestions.

Thanks,

Chuckimage.thumb.jpg.de99c84ea46b4ae6c061a2ab6f69a7d0.jpgA327E193-E794-4F1E-8D19-29A119DA58AB.thumb.jpeg.fa9e22ff0e1a12ba8b1171aa2461fd5e.jpeg