Saluspa liner leaking air behind filter housing

Desolent

On 10/31/2021 at 12:50 PM, Desolent said:

I have a 2021 4 person saluspa. It seems air is leaking from the liner behind the plate the filter screws into from tube c. When removing the screw holding The top of the assembly there is a little plastic valve set into the liner. The valve has three holes around the center of it that is leaking air from the liner and allowing water into the liner. Has anyone else ran into this issue or know of a fix? I'm uploading a picture of the part that is leaking the air

20211031_114310.jpg

20211031_135028.jpg

fill in this hole with caulking or that putty I linked above.

then take off The plastic shroud on the upper piece, and fill in/caulk that hole too

1 hour ago, atti.gulfbreeze said:

You mean fill that hole, that 3 part of it? if I will do that how it will circulate the water? isn't that hole where the heated hot water comes back to the pool?

Capture2223.PNG

yes.. fill that, nothing comes out of there... and what's more, that's where most of us here have found leaks.

If Air has escaped and water has gotten into the walls of your hot tub, that's the likely source. You can confirm this by inflating the tub and putting your hand over that hole, should feel air escaping.

if you have water inside the walls (like I did), you'll have to empty it via the inflation port. inflate to max pressure, then decouple the air pump and lift tub so water pours out that port. 

then, let the tub settle to neutral inflation, fill that little hole with the waterproof putty, caulking, or whatever substance you're going to use... do a ring around the outside of that hole, so that when you put the plastic shrouding back over it it creates a seal, And you should be good. I let mine rest for 24 hours before attempting to inflate again. if it holds air at max inflation, you're good, if not attempt the seal again.

good luck

2 hours ago, atti.gulfbreeze said:

You mean fill that hole, that 3 part of it? if I will do that how it will circulate the water? isn't that hole where the heated hot water comes back to the pool?

Capture2223.PNG

You also need to remove the plastic housing at the top of this picture and this hole fill with sealant and puth housing back on. The two are attached by a cheap hose that is brittle and breaks. The second picture shows the broken hose.

IMG_20221205_110949613.jpg

IMG_20220705_152253425.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I believe i have a slow air leak in the Saluspa.  I want to check the joints around the areas you are discussing first--because finding the leak will be like looking for a needle in a haystack.  However, I do not see any bubbles coming out when I press any of those areas.  Can I assume they are ok then or could the leak be that slow.

I believe this is a model 90363E (on the book) green, 4 person Saluspa labeled marketed by Coleman (but also says Bestway) purchased in 2021. The design seems different than described. A photo is attached (it is sideways, obviously) No idea of the purpose of th top gray plastic piece. Water does enter the spa from the pump thorugh the middle piece and it does not have a valve even underneath the plastic protrusion. The bottom opening supports the filter and sucks water in.  Each has an independent horizontal connection to the pump.  So I think the spa design was changed. Plugging these up would not allow any water to flow in and out of the spa.

Also, I just moved to FL and set this up outside.  I had it inside before.  Could this air loss overnight be due to temperature fluctuations?  The surface was pretty hard and smooth when I filled it with air.  but the next day it was soft and a little rumpled but still usable. If it is a leak it must be a pinhole.  I can feel no air escaping when I squeeze the top of the spa where it is soft. I have carefully inspected all the surfaces (except the bottom as of now).  I have yet to do the soap test.  I will empty it and bring it inside to inflate and do all that as a next step. I do have it on grass temporarily but it is very level--more level than the floor where it was placed inside.

I suppose I could use an independent pump and fill it a tiny bit every day to keep it going.  Perhaps the hole if it exists will make itself obvious.

saluspa.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, terri VARGAS said:

I have the exact same problem dont know what todo letting water out of liner it still does the same.

Look through this thread it will explain what to do. You have seal up the two fittings that are broken and leaking. As far as the water in the liner I tipped mine up until the air inlet was at the lowest point and emptied as much water as I could out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My understanding is that this is an air lock and water overflow pipe. But not necessary. How did you get the broken prices out and how did you remove the plastic pieces that are glued/welded to the o a hot tub material so that you can get to the places you need to get to to apply silicone/glue? Thanks for any insight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Alfredo said:

So it this valve is totally closed off there will be no water filter function . That is the return for the water pump.

There is no valve. It is one elbow fitting at the bottom going to another at the top, with a crappy plastic pipe. It has nothing to do with water circulation, my hypothesis is that on the higher end units with WIFI that it was water level sensor location.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 2:14 PM, PatrickR said:

You also need to remove the plastic housing at the top of this picture and this hole fill with sealant and puth housing back on. The two are attached by a cheap hose that is brittle and breaks. The second picture shows the broken hose.

IMG_20221205_110949613.jpg

IMG_20220705_152253425.jpg

How do you remove the plastic housing it seems like the screw keeps spinning 

• 1 month later...

I too had this issue with both useless valves.. thank you for this thread! 

Four days later my saluspa is operational again.. I completely removed the plastic housing over the upper valve, both valves I completely filled with hot-temp hot glue gun glue using an 80w hot glue gun. I used masking tape to prevent glue dribbling out. 

After dealing with those idiots I found water dribbling out of the bottom of heater/pump unit. After opening the cabinet I found water coming out of this grey box with four black screws. I opened it and found the o-ring seal completely dried out and useless. I gooped it up with silicone and resealed it. 

Next test still had water leaking, and pulling everything apart again I found the filter pump housing (white assembly with six nickel nuts and bolts near the bottom) was leaking. I took it apart and sure enough, it was another flakey o-ring. More silicone over it all, reassemble (AGAIN), and all was good.. no leaks of air or water anywhere. 28hrs later and it's full and up to 104F. 

Thanks all that contributed to this thread. I'm pretty sure my 3yo hottub has a few more years in it now ;)

The one pic shows the grey box in the upper left.. no idea what it does, other than leak. The other pic is the filter pump housing opened up, showing the crappy o-ring. Note how big a gap there is between the two bolt holes at the top.. guess where it was leaking ..

20230510_170149.jpg

20230511_150527.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 10/31/2021 at 3:50 PM, Desolent said:

I have a 2021 4 person saluspa. It seems air is leaking from the liner behind the plate the filter screws into from tube c. When removing the screw holding The top of the assembly there is a little plastic valve set into the liner. The valve has three holes around the center of it that is leaking air from the liner and allowing water into the liner. Has anyone else ran into this issue or know of a fix? I'm uploading a picture of the part that is leaking the air

20211031_114310.jpg

20211031_135028.jpg

I have the exact same problem hopefully someone on here can give me some help. 

2 hours ago, Jdramz said:

I have the exact same problem hopefully someone on here can give me some help. 

Not sure how you got to the end of this thread without finding the solution, but please go back and re-read the first page, everything you need is detailed in those posts.

1 hour ago, waterbear said:

@Jdramz You posted in a thread that is over two years old. You will have a much better chance of getting your question answered if you start a new thread with your question

Please no. This issue has been clearly identified and a few solutions posted. The thread may be old, but clearly we're still monitoring. ;) 

13 hours ago, HighProof said:

Please no. This issue has been clearly identified and a few solutions posted. The thread may be old, but clearly we're still monitoring.

If a new post is created it will get a greater chance of getting seen by more members. Perhaps you missed that I am a forum moderator. Perhaps if all the people that have had the same problem as the OP started new threads your problem might have been solved. One never knows but a new thread for a question will get more exposure than tacking on to an old thread.

2 hours ago, waterbear said:

If a new post is created it will get a greater chance of getting seen by more members. Perhaps you missed that I am a forum moderator. Perhaps if all the people that have had the same problem as the OP started new threads your problem might have been solved. One never knows but a new thread for a question will get more exposure than tacking on to an old thread.

I did miss that. and not trying to make your task more difficult. but as a seasoned forum user, of many subjects, it's more frustrating to have multiple threads asking the same question than one perhaps stickied thread that has the solution(s).

now, if someone was posting their problem was slightly different and/or they had tried the options in one thread and didn't work, that'd be a perfect reason for a 2nd thread on the subject... but, in this case the user suggested they had the exact issue mentioned... but they needed help, which to me suggested that they didn't actually read the thread or solutions... so a 2nd post would just give way to chances of missing the original thread.

that's just my 2 cents anyway. you're a mod, so I'm sure you'll manage content as you see fit.