Arctic Spa not heating, is it the relay?

Lenny1234

My Arctic Spa is no longer heating up, I have 245 v accross the pins on the board when it is calling for heat and the call for heat symbol is on and pump 1 is running at low speed.

I have attached pictures of the board and the wiring diagram as well as the amp test, I had changed the element and it worked fine on first heat up and now is not heating, could it be a relay?

20211025_093108_resized.jpg

20211025_093120_resized.jpg

20211025_093234_resized.jpg

20211025_093255_resized.jpg

Just to add to te above, it seems my heater element has burnt out again, this was only replaced 4 weeks ago. The previous one had burnt out after refilling the tub and receiving HL errors. Since I installed the new element there has been no errors, except for the lack of heat after the initinial fill.

First remove the filters and take them out of the equation. Disconnect the heater from the circuit board and increase the temp so the spa is calling for heat. Test for 240V at the circuit board. Do you get 240V? Decrease the temp so the spa is no longer calling for heat...do you get 0V? At ant time do you see 3 small dots in between the temp numbers on the topside control? Let us know results and we can move forward from there.

3 hours ago, Lenny1234 said:

called for heat and got 240v at circuit board, decreased temperture and still got 240v at circuit board.

Sounds like a stuck relay. Where are you located on planet Earth? The heater connection at the circuit board has me a little confused. Every Gecko MClass circuit board I've ever seen only has 2 heater wire connections on the circuit board...line 1 and line 2. Yours has what looks like 3 and it is wired white and blk to line 1 and the red and orange to Neutral. Might be the way it should for a European pack be just not what I've ever seen before.

5 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Sounds like a stuck relay. Where are you located on planet Earth? The heater connection at the circuit board has me a little confused. Every Gecko MClass circuit board I've ever seen only has 2 heater wire connections on the circuit board...line 1 and line 2. Yours has what looks like 3 and it is wired white and blk to line 1 and the red and orange to Neutral. Might be the way it should for a European pack be just not what I've ever seen before.

I'm in the UK, I had to cut the JJ plug off and put some clips on to wire it direct to the board. I'm nt sure why the board has 3 lines.

1 hour ago, RDspaguy said:

No. It should draw 24 or so amps, not .004 amps. The heater is fried. Turn off power and ohm it out, you'll see. 

Yes, the heater is fried and reads OL on ohm test, I just wondered as its the second time the element has gone in 2 months if it is a stuck relay that is causing the elements to burn out