Coleman California Cooperage model 107

DoubleAmac

Remove the fuse. Take a multimeter, set it to ohms. Touch the probes together, observe the reading (which should be 0.00 or really close to it). Then on the fuse, touch a probe to either end and observe the reading. If it's 0.00 or really close to it, the fuse is good. If the reading doesn't display a reading (known as an infinite reading) the fuse is bad.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The "SnS", "Sn", or "SENSOR SYNC" Fault has occurred for more than 1 hour, indicating one or both Sensors are several degrees off, and Spa Functions are Disabled. The Sensors are Verified Out of Sync with Each Other, or Not Indicating Close to the Same Temperature at Both Sensors.

You can check the sensors with your multimeter. Use the ohms setting and set the dial for 10K. Should read in the 10K-12K range. Might be the hi limit sensor that's bad.

Switch power off for 30 seconds then back on. Does it run or immediately show sn? If immediate, you have a faulty sensor, replace both.

If it runs for a bit before the error, how long before the error? Remove filter and see if the error stops after reset. If so, replace the filter. If not, check pump operation and flow. If good, test heater operation (make sure it's not stuck on). If good, test sensors.

• Like 1

Once i reset the breaker now i don't get the Sn anymore and it would run before that was on. Now i'm getting OH after awhile but the water isn't super hot. Where can i get replacement parts? Looks like need a high limit and temp sensor? The tub is from 2001 and everything looks original minus the replacement pump that was put in.

Thanks!!

If it continues to heat after it reaches temp it is usually a stuck relay on the circuit board. You can test this by...

On 11/6/2021 at 7:23 PM, RDspaguy said:

Test voltage to heater when the system says it's off.

If you have voltage across the heater terminals when heat indicator is off you have a stuck relay. It is an easy fix for an electronics repair guy. But test it first. 

• Like 1