FLO error Sundance cameo. Tried it all....

hippiern

2004 Sundance cameo.

Flo error flashing on panel, alternates with temp.

Removed filter, no change.

Replaced flow switch. No change. Verified flow on both old and new.

Purged air at circ pump.

Replaced circulation pump.

Filled at filter inlet. Complete refill.

Verified bubbles at foot well when circ pump is running.

All jets functional.

Error persists!!! Any further ideas???

TIA

When you replaced the flow switch, did you make sure the wires went back in the top and bottom middle holes in the sensor loom? 

Did you verify that the tabs kept them in place?

Can you put an ohm meter on the flow switch to see what the continuity is when it is closed?

Could be a second faulty flow switch.  Could also be a bad board, but that is super rare

Flo alternating with temp means the switch is not closing. This can be from a flow issue, improperly installed switch, damaged wire, or circuit board issue. As @ciderjacksaid, circuit board failures of this type are very rare. 

People will often install the switch facing the wrong way, or screw it in too far so the tab hits the bottom. Mice chew wires, connections become loose or corroded, or the tiny tabs in the plug are not positioned properly or pushed out when you plugged it in.

Post some pics of the board and switch.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I’m having EXACTLY the same issues here except to add in a newly replaced circuit board and topside control panel. Still have the flashing flo error too but everything else is working…completely stumped. Just checked my flo switch installation and def have good contact in sensor loom-can somebody tell me if I installed it backwards or too tightly?? (Pics attached)

Like the original post, I have great jet flow and circulation (when it comes on) but it’s not staying on and thus taking a very long time to heat. My panel flashes a flo with the temp consistently.

A920ED2F-82A8-4E8E-B82E-EA4B491CDD7D.thumb.jpeg.a6b69f39437db1ccca839ad8e89c4d02.jpeg
A92A87C4-9602-4A77-9E12-0CF86085C158.thumb.jpeg.7fd4db8c78d86bd078022c1815e404be.jpeg

• 9 months later...