Softub stops functioning after an hour

Recently filled and plugged in my softub and it brought cold water all the way up to 104 then yeaterday the heat icon was on but the jets wouldnt work and it wouldnt turn back on so i unplugged for a few hours then plugged back in and it worked for a bit but then stopped working. I have tried this a few times and the same thing happens over and over, i checked the electricity and that all seems fine. Origionally was using a 12 gauge extension cord and then thought i should remove it so i move to different location wothout extension cord and still doing the same thing. Its a relatively new motor and i even opened it up and it all looks fine it was just hot very hot so im wondering if its overheating which is causing it to shut off but just doesnt make sense to me any help or ideas. I understand the jets shut off when they reach the temp but in this case its getting colder and the heat icon is on and even if i move the dial the jets dont turn on