Century 1081 Pump speed

Kennymact

Hi people. Just bought a secondhand spa leisure rite

Has a pump which says it is two speed. It seems to only have one speed. How do I check if it is two speed? It has four wires from pump to circuit board. I thought it should be low speed running but go to high pawed week jets are selected ?  Any help or info welcome. 

12 minutes ago, Kennymact said:

It has four wires from pump to circuit board.

Would usually indicate a 2 speed pump. If it runs in high speed can you then step it down and it will only then run in low? Should have a white tag/sticker on the pump. Post pic.

Not removed jumper a. 
on start up no error messages. 
Checked the selected pins in the red box and all seem ok 

I did tur power off and select to run pump on button 5 to a different position hoping it would run the pump at a slower speed but no change so went back to original position according the schematic 

So have killed the jumper off and turned it on. Ran thru cycle check ok and is now warming the water up but at the same speed as before. I turned on jets and blower but no change in speed. I’ll see if I can make a video of the noise of the pump and maybe you can deduce something from it. Mate it’s normal to sound this loud. Also I’ll be checking the electric usage as the power company e mailed me to tell me my power usage had doubled since I’ve been using the spa. 
might start cracking pipes open in case air is in the system 

Also since I have removed the jumper the heater is not working. The heat pump light is on but not heating. Also have always had air coming from the  massage jet. Not sure if that’s an air lock or air getting sucked into the system. ? Might start cracking unions around pump to see if air is trapped ?  Clutching at straws here. 

8 hours ago, Kennymact said:

Also since I have removed the jumper the heater is not working

Ok put it back then. You are going to have to check for hi and low speed power coming off the circuit board where the pump connects to the circuit board with a multi meter to see if it is a pump issue or a circuit board issue. 

GS501 Tech Manual here: https://www.vortexspas.com/_vortexspas/Library/Support/Balboa-GS-501-Spa-Controller-Tech-Sheet.pdf

https://www.spastore.com.au/assets/files/Balboa GL and GS Spa Control Troubleshooting & Service Manual 230V Part 1.pdf