Destiny river, Viking Hot tub not heating

Sean209

I bought a house that included a hot tub that now does not seem to heat. I just drained, cleaned and re-filled the tub. I followed all of the manual guidelines on this procedure. I am looking for help on what else I could check to troubleshoot the issue. 

The topside control is a 4 button control which seems to work as it should. The first jest button turns the jets on low then high. The second jets button turns on the second pump. The lights button turns the lights on OK also. The Temp button works to adjust the set temperature, but the display seems to flash between the current water temp (which is 75) and 08.

I've looked and can not find an error code for "08" in a manual.

The heater does not have voltage to the connection terminals while the pump is running. There is good continuity at the heater and it has 10.6 ohms of resistance.  The heater looks OK and is not bulged, discolored, or leaking. 

The spa has Balboa parts which are the VKV 503 circuit board with the 54380-02 part number.  The heater is a 58083 heater. 

Do I have a bad circuit board? Bad topside control? or am I missing checking on some kind of sensor? 

Thank you if you chime in to help out!

I have tried running the spa without the filter and I have also followed the Air Lock procedure I found in the manual. I opened the plug on the face of the pump and ran the pump on high for 30 seconds.

Also, I may be reading the display upside down the display shows 75 (which I believe is the water temp) and either 08 or 80..

Ill need to see if there is a high limit reset button somewhere or maybe the high limit is in the two sensors that are in the heater tube? 

Is there a procedure to test the heater tube sensors?