Arctic Spas Lighting

feens

This is more out of curiosity than anything. I recently had my new Arctic Spa (Totem) installed. I just had the basic lighting option (Northern Lights) installed. It basically uses the on/off button to cycle through a bunch of options. Being interested in tech and automation though, I was peeking  around trying to figure out how the system works and searching on the web to see if there’s any info, I.e. if I wanted to add lights after the fact, or switch to using my own controller. 

From what I can gather, there’s a master light that has a controller. It grabs 12V from the board (Gecko) and then it has a wire going from the master to the other slave light. Given the custom controller, I’m assuming these are custom lights and not 3-wire RGB lights. I think the next lighting option, the family package, uses the same controller but just as lights in some of the controls, waterfall, etc. It _looks_ light the lights would just plug into those spots. I can’t seem to find parts for the other areas though, just the main master/slave ones. 

@CanadianSpaTech any chance you could shed some “light” on the setup?

• 1 month later...

I have an LED light system in my old Marquis 660 (2010) and had to replace all the light lenses and about half the LEDs. These are single LED, not the multiple type shown in the previous post, but probably the same standard type of RGB LED. Mine works as you described, there is a master controller and all the LED daisy chain off the controller. It has several modes that change as you switch the power on and off rapidly. I used standard RGB LED to repair the broken ones. I simply cut the harness back and soldered in the new LEDs, worked exactly as the originals. It's all in the controller unit. I searched all over the internet to find info on that controller, but there is NOTHING. I just made some assumptions and experimented to figure out how it all worked. Cost well under $10 to fix, but plenty of time to dig the harness and LED out of the foam insulation. the foam spray was the most expensive part since I used 4 cans.