Viking Hot Tub Spa Oasis

Jdk5454

Hello, 

I have a Viking Spa Hot Tub and it keeps overheating. I lowered the filtration cycle to F1, replaced the filter and it keeps giving me the HH code. Climate is not an issue as it was in the 40s at night. The water temperature matches within a degree of displayed temperature checked with a thermometer. All the jets are opened and it just keeps rising with the lid off. The heater light isn’t even on. Any help would be appreciated.  

There is a small red box with white toggle switches just below the light connection. Those are the dip switches and they coincide with the instructions on the left of the schematic. Below that there are instructions for "pump timeouts table" This tells the pumps how long to run before automatically shutting off. I would (power off) set the A5 switch to off and the A9 switch to on so they don't run for more than 15 mins.  The other thing that should be done is to disconnect the heater and test the heater for power when the spa calling for heat and when it is not calling for heat to see if you have a stuck relay on the circuit board

1 hour ago, Jdk5454 said:

I then set it to 98 and the heater light turned off. Then it went to HH mode and flash OH as well.

Did the pump immediately shut off when the heat indicator light went out? The pump should run for about 30 seconds after the end of a heat cycle to cool the heater off. 

Please remove filter and try it. let me know if it still happens. Run it without the filter

I have had the filter out during this whole time. HH was triggered this time at about 100 degrees. After having the whole spa turned off over the night. I set it for 103 and the heater came on. I then set it for 97 and the heater and pump both turned off almost immediately. 

Not hard. Everything is marked on the schematic. Just use a marker and or masking tape to mark each component as it is disconnected. I would remove the circuit board before ordering a new one and have a look on the back of the board for burnt or darkened areas. If it is a bad/burnt relay it can be repaired fairly cheap if you can find a local electronics repair shop. 

• 1 month later...

So I replaced the A & B temperate sensors and it seem to help fix the problem. I will now run fine for one or two days before going into HH mode. I am not sure what else I can do to fix it. The local pool and spa location is giving me the run around for there spa person to take a look. I am afraid of the winter freezing my pipes if it continues to shut off. Any help is appreciated.