I inherited a Master Spa Twilight…

Bella03

I have NO CLUE about hot tubs. I bought a house and it had a hot tub in the yard. Seemed to be in good working order and clean. We were told the user manual would be left for us by the previous owners. Lo and behold, they are gone and the manual is too. They have no idea where it is. I’m having trouble learning about how to care for it and use it because I don’t even know the model. The little metal plate in the front outside is so worn there model/serial number can’t be read. 

I really want to figure out which one it is so I can download a user manual and make sure I’m getting proper replacement filters and such. I ordered filters, and thought they were the correct ones based on some measurements I took and now that they’re here one of them is correct and the other one is not. If anyone is a master spa geek who could help troubleshoot this I would be eternally grateful! 

You should be able to figure out the model from the tub's configuration. The number and position of the seats, the number of pumps, does it have a small circulation pump or not. 

Post up a picture or two of the tub and the equipment area and I'll be we can figure it out.

Most users manuals are very basic. They go over install electrical and very basic info on settings. The settings can be easily figured out by playing with the topside controls. In general, you would set the filter cycle for 2 hours, twice a day for normal use. If it's used a lot, you might want to set it for 4 hours twice a day. The Filter cycles are normally F2, F4, F6, F8 and continuous.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The basic settings are kind of what I need. I didn’t even realize I could change the filter cycle. I’ve slowly figured some stuff out from YouTube videos and Master Spas website, but this tub is probably at least 10 years old, so I wasn’t sure if I could just assume by the seat set up that the manual would be the same when I look at the models on their website now.

I did finally get the right filters. The part number on the old ones kept coming up that it was no longer made, so finding something that would tell me the equivalent was a challenge but I got it finally. 

Here are some pics if anyone has general tips for me. Are these speakers on the outside or air vent holes? That’s how clueless I am….

Also, I pushed something and now “slp” keeps flashing on the screen. It just goes between flashing that and the temperature setting. And I don’t know what that means.

7D5F2FA7-2160-4E2F-A36F-39C588ED47D9.jpeg

5B90DAEA-E2E7-411D-B5F3-DFA2990A5C7C.jpeg

90423917-E4AF-4FD2-B542-6A6C73AF0F61.jpeg

ADA50D0B-DBAE-4509-9018-813601F85868.jpeg

F34DA7F6-947B-4AAE-AADA-9713247569AC.jpeg

SLP = sleep mode..it will wait and not turn on the heater until the water gets to 80 degrees and will then maintain 80 degrees. Used for when going on vacation or in summer mths if you don't want the water hot. Your spa will have 3 "modes" STD = keeps water at whatever temp you have it set for all the time. ECN = Economy = will only heat the water during the filter cycles if you run 2- 2 hour filter cycles a day that is the only time the heater will turn on. Those are vents used to bring in fresh air to cool the pumps. Spas need to breath or the running pumps will overheat the water from the inside and can also overheat the pumps.

On 10/9/2021 at 9:20 PM, CanadianSpaTech said:

SLP = sleep mode..it will wait and not turn on the heater until the water gets to 80 degrees and will then maintain 80 degrees. Used for when going on vacation or in summer mths if you don't want the water hot. Your spa will have 3 "modes" STD = keeps water at whatever temp you have it set for all the time. ECN = Economy = will only heat the water during the filter cycles if you run 2- 2 hour filter cycles a day that is the only time the heater will turn on. Those are vents used to bring in fresh air to cool the pumps. Spas need to breath or the running pumps will overheat the water from the inside and can also overheat the pumps.

Thanks! I think my “mode” button does t work because it just stays on SLP all the time. Nothing happens if I push mode.

@Bella03 Mode Mode is changed by pressing the “Warm” or “Cool” button, then pressing the “Mode” button. Standard Mode is programmed to maintain the desired temperature. Note that the last measured spa temperature displayed is current only when the pump has been running for at least 2 minutes. “ st” will be displayed momentarily when you switch into Standard Mode. Economy Mode heats the spa to the set temperature only during filter cycles. “ec ” will display solid when temperature is not current, and will alternate with temperature when temperature is current. Sleep Mode heats the spa to within 20°F/10°C of the set temperature only during filter cycles. “slp ” will display solid when temperature is not current, and will alternate with temperature when temperature is current.

https://www.masterspapartsonline.com/content/pdf/2010DomesticOwnersManuals/2010-Manual-Twilight-Series.pdf

• 1 year later...