Installing lights into spa shell (not retrofitting)

NickKilla

On 9/21/2021 at 4:15 AM, NickKilla said:

into a spa that doesn’t have them

Your hottub doesn't have any lighting whatsoever?  Now I'm curious, what brand doesn't install lights in their spa?  

I can't imagine soaking in my hottub at night without underwater illumination (seriously, I'd freak out knowing all the snakes and frogs I have running around my yard at night.....)

On 9/21/2021 at 4:15 AM, NickKilla said:

Any ideas/tips greatly appreciated.

The risk of shocking yourself is extremely high.  I would not install any hardwired lighting under the water line due to the high risk of electrical shock if/when something failed (like a seal).   This would not be covered under any insurance policy and you would be liable for any injuries or death resulting from modifying the spa (imagine a child playing in the water and something happening - you would be 100% liable)

They sell battery powered pool lights all over the internet including amazon.  Even Ryobi sells a kickass 18v floating pool light with bluetooth speakers, although it's a bit too big for hottubs)

Something like this is only $18 for a two pack, and have suction cups so you can submerge them under water.   They won't be high quality and last forever (I'd remove when not using the tub), but they would be a million times safer to use without the risk of electrical shock

image.thumb.png.eef307613ca25e0bfe82bdd758977afb.png

• Like 1