Hot spring Vanguard 2008 cannot be started

milstep

hello i have a hot spring hot tub Vanguard rv.  2008. the whirlpool, after being disconnected from the mains, will not start after reconnection.  only occasionally the blue backlight of the main control panel flashes.  red and green LEDs On the main circuit board ... off.  please, give me an advice.  what can be the problem and how to solve it.  thank you for answer

IMG_20210916_190620.jpg

Edited by milstep
change language

• milstep changed the title to Hot spring Vanguard 2008 cannot be started

but I'll do it tomorrow.  I also found out that a smaller board is soldered on the main board which supplies the main board.  the input to this board is 220v and the outputs are 5V, 9V, 12V and 20V.  when I measured the outputs with a voltmeter, I did not measure any of the required values there, not even remotely.  you small plates sound ... after about three to five seconds such a click.  I think the power supply of the main printed circuit board is bad

I assume that a faulty water heater would block the start of the whirlpool.  but the LED display below the display and these basic functions would be in operation.  And it would not affect the voltage and voltage output of the main circuit board.  it should measure the required voltage values.  and probably some LED on the Main PCB would light up.  so if you agree with me if there is no required voltage at the output of the board power supply, the problem is powered in it.  do you agree with me?  is my reasoning correct?  thank you for answer.  song unfamiliar in this matter

8 hours ago, milstep said:

assume that a faulty water heater would block the start of the whirlpool.

No. It could trip the breaker or simply not heat, but it will not stop the jets from working or cause lights to flash on the display.

And it would not affect the voltage and voltage output of the main circuit board.  it should measure the required voltage values.

Correct.

and probably some LED on the Main PCB would light up.

Maybe. The "lim ok" light is sensor related, the "htr on" is only on if the spa is turning on the heater (which it won't do if the sensor is bad), and the "control unplugged" is only on if the control is unplugged. So unplug the control panel and turn it on. If the 3rd led is not on, it's a board power issue.

9 hours ago, milstep said:

is my reasoning correct?

Again, as long as you are sure of those results and you didn't accidentally check the wrong spot. 

is there any way to fix the motherboard power supply? 

Not that I know of. I am no electronics repair man, but I know those boards, even the small transformer board, are proprietary, and only available through Watkins manufacturing (who makes hot springs spas, among others).

Good day.  Thank you very much for your support with my problem.  And I really appreciate it.  I will try to send you a Link to one UK page with spare parts.   ( https://spacomponents.co.uk/hotspring-boards/2693-hotspring-iq2000-pcb.html  )  it describes how it is known that the power board of the main system board is leaving.  exactly the same {I mean the sound} I observe on my power board.  the board has the described procedure 220V and outputs 5 volts 9V 12V 20v.  I will measure 230v correctly at the input, but I will not measure practically anything at the outputs.  with the period of that sound, the voltage at the outputs also changes.

no burnout, damage, or burns are yet visible on the power board.  only the required electrical voltage does not come out of it

IMG_20210918_182847.jpg

IMG_20210920_052218.jpg

IMG_20210920_052200.jpg