New spa user to use at vacation home

Newbie64

Ok. So i just ordered a lifesmart ls200 4 person spa. Lower end for use at my vacation home at the river. We are there every two weeks/every other weekend or so. My question is what is the best way to keep this as clean possible? Add an ozonator that the manufacturer said i could, use the nature 2 stick, etc etc. what do you all feel would be the best way to keep in the best shape possible while not there? I am new to spas and pools so all of this is confusing at what ive read so far and hasn’t really applied to my situation as i cant add dichlor every day. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

I'm in the same boat. We've had a 6 person spa at ours for 5 years, and it's been a struggle. We are there about every 3 weeks and I taught myself how to do it. We went through about 5  service people until we sent out cleaner to be certified 2 1/2 years ago. We started with a bromine floater, then the Frog bromine cartridges and now the Frog chlorine cartridges. We have an ozonator. We have a 3 night minimum in summer, otherwise 2 nts. Good luck. I look forward to seeing some answers. 

• Like 1

My opinion:

Yes to ozone and nature2. You might use a floater, barely open and tied off away from the filter, while you are away. Expect a low ph as a result, but it should keep your unused spa with cover on sufficiently sanitized to avoid any unpleasantness. 

@Susanjhas a vacation rental, which is a completely different situation than yours, so don't panic. You will not have the problems she has had at your private cabin. Unless you start renting it or letting the kids borrow it when you aren't there, in which case you will.