Gecko In.Xe Spa Pack - topside control question

zlj2011

Quick question about the Gecko In.Xe Spa Pack and a particular control issue that I seem to be having.  From some previous discussion here, I now have the Gecko manual for the spa pack, which has been super helpful.  I suspect that my Topside control may have failed but just want to confirm what I am seeing and check if there is some other way to confirm it before I buy a new one.  I have the In.K200 control pad - I believe it is model 0607-008022 (or a predecessor to it).

The spa pack seems to be working properly.  No error codes, maintains temp, etc.  However, pump 1 is not responsive to button presses and neither is the light.  Pump 2 works and the Up/Down arrow button works.  The spa pack will operate pump 1 at both speeds.  It will cycle the circulation pump, which turns on the low speed jets on one side of the spa.  In this scenario, the pump 1 light on the display will flash.  Also, when I recycle the entire spa using the main breaker it will turn on the high speed for pump 1.  In this case the display for pump 1 is lit solid (albeit dimmer than pump 2, not sure if meaningful, guessing not).

However, no matter what I do, the pump 1 button does not work.  So it seems to me like the spa pack is able to control pump 1 AND it seems that both speeds are working.  So logically it seems to be the control pad has failed.  Any way to confirm that without buying a new one?

• 11 months later...

Have you resolved your issue? I am having the same problem. I only have 1 pump, and none of the buttons on the top side keypad are functional. The only way to power the spa down is to trip the breaker, and when you flip the breaker on, the pump starts on low then kicks to high for about a minute then back to low. Then from there I can't do nothing but to power it down again.

Rkskaas,

My guess is the topside controller needs replacement. You could try a bit of troubleshooting before spending the money to replace it:

- check the connector at the spa pack, disconnect and reconnect

- I dont have a pinout of the controller connector, but try to get hold of that. Disconnect the connector, and on the spa pack pins, confirm there is voltage (should be +5 or 12 volts, schematic should confirm) at the supply pins. You didnt indicate if there are any leds or temperature readings showing on the controller.   If there's voltage present, then its most likely the controller that needs replacing. If there is no voltage present, something is wrong with the spa pack. I dont think there is a separate fuse for just the controller but that would be the next thing to confirm.