2015 Hot Springs Grandee wireless control lights up, but there's water in the casing and the buttons don't respond

MAMom

I am waiting for a $1500 new cover and lift unit to arrive (been waiting since the beginning of June...).  While putting in new water into the tub, I noticed the wireless unit is waterlogged.  The screen lights up, but I can't access any of the buttons.  Is there anyway to dry it out, or do I have to find a way to get a new unit as well?  Thanks for any help you can offer!

14 hours ago, MAMom said:

Yes, the buttons don't respond to touch.  If you have any advice, I'd love to hear it.  Thank you!!

Unscrew and remove the battery - this is the one rubber seal you can definitely remove.   Then to avoid damaging the other rubber seal any further by completely disassembling, I personally would grab a small tupperware bin and fill with desiccant packets (everyone hoards those free reusable desiccant packets they find packed with electronics and other stuff, right?? lol) - place the remote in this bin and leave it for a week or longer to suck out all the moisture from the remote.

Re-install the battery, and try re-pairing. 

I don't know if this will work - it's likely the digitizer layer of the screen has been shorted out - but there's a small chance drying it out completely will help.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Are you looking for a replacement wireless remote panel?  We just got rid of our Hot Springs Grandee tub due to it leaking.  We had purchased a remote panel in the last year or two since ours had stopped working.  Please let me know if you would like to purchase ours.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...