2021 Hot Spring Grandee Pricing

LJTPNW

Could anyone who has bought one of these recently (6 months or less) provide ballpark prices paid please? We are looking at a Feb 2022 delivery for a Hot Spring Grandee. Sale price is $19.5k through Monday 09/06 with salt water system, Bluetooth stereo system, and Standard vinyl cover

Love the tub but price seems high and no negotiation on it available from selling dealer.

Tough market to get some discounts on a Hot Tub it seems with Covid and parts supply issues.

Was also considering a Jacuzzi J500 series but just liked the Hot Spring better all around really.

Thanks

• LJTPNW changed the title to 2021 Hot Spring Grandee Pricing

Copied from another post I made a while back but it applies here......

The dealer you buy from is just as important as the brand you buy - because what most people don't know is that in most cases the dealer you buy from is responsible for warranty labor expenses, NOT the manufacturer.    You want to find a dealer which has decades experience selling and servicing whatever brand of spa you buy so you can trust them to do the job right if/when your spa needs service under warranty because you'll be stuck with the dealer.

That's important because some smaller dealers (hotspring included) do not have technicians on payroll - instead they outsource warranty labor to a third party (for hotspring, it's often a larger regional hotspring dealer) - sometimes shady dealers from other brands will hire the lowest-bidding spa tech in town to come out and service your spa (sometimes doing more damage in the process of "fixing" a leak or whatever else lol).

So the cheapest dealer in the region is not always the best dealer for a brand. Although in my experience with Hotspring (I visited several dealers in my quest to buy a Hotspring), the smaller dealers charge MORE money for the spa to cover their warranty costs later outsourcing to a larger hotspring dealer, and the larger hotspring dealer charges less because of the volume they sell and they have technicians on payroll (making their warranty service expenses cheaper).    When shopping for my 2019 Hotspring Jetsetter, the smaller dealer was 20% MORE expensive than the larger regional dealer (both were equidistant from my rural home) - no haggling needed, no demo or floor model sale - both dealers operated on very different profit margins (not just the warranty thing, one dealer had sales reps on salary while the other sales rep was clearly on commission telling me what he thought I wanted to hear, etc).

Prices for any name brand spa will vary entirely from dealer to dealer.  Even if you found someone who ordered the exact configuration you're ordering last week for $5k less and you show a receipt to the dealer he won't care - they might be out of business selling spas that cheap.    

The Grandee is a large spa, and I've seen prices within the past six months vary wildly around the country anywhere from $15k up to $22k depending on the dealer.    But again - not all dealers are created equal.

13 hours ago, LJTPNW said:

Tough market to get some discounts on a Hot Tub it seems with Covid and parts supply issues.

After waiting twenty years, I spent months shopping for a spa before buying in 2019 before the pandemic.  Prices have gone up, and availability has declined but even before the pandemic you didn't have much room to haggle with dealers on top name-brand spas. The biggest change I've seen since the pandemic is lead times shifting from 4-8 weeks on special orders up to 12-18+ month lead times.

However, I have learned some shopping tricks which might be useful

• As mentioned, don't expect to haggle thousands off the price because you found a dealer across the state charging thousands less. If you don't like the dealer's pricing and sales pitch, walk away and find another dealer - don't settle.
  • Most dealers include a 4% processing fee into the listed price for a spa - this avoids sticker shock later for customers paying with credit card (for points), or people financing the spa (processing fees).   If you are paying full cash money you can often haggle 3% or 4% off the total price using processing fees as the justification
  • Many states have sales-tax exemptions for products like hottubs.  In my state all I did was get a note from my chiropractor (on his letterhead) stating the spa was "medically necessary" (no specific reasons given, just that).  Handed this note to my dealer and they removed the sales tax from the invoice.

For what its worth, I would sell the Grandee for $200 more for the same package.  I personally would skip the stereo (I'm not a fan of music and hot tubs).  With high demand and no inventory, your ability to negotiate really goes away.  Factor in that your dealer also will incur cost increase at the first of the year along with freight rates increasing every 90 days, they probably would be charging a couple hundred more if they knew what their exact cost would be when that hot tub goes into production.  

Thank you both for your replies. Truth be told i am okay with the price. The sales Tax for another $2K is rather annoying though

I may see if there is any further discounts due to this being a all cash purchase. If they don't bite i wont walk from the deal. Dealer is top notch and been in business for 60 years, Super good reviews especially for service work during and after warranty period

Thanks Again

• Like 1