Jacuzzi Echo Heater not heating sufficiently

David Miller

Almost a month ago I replaced the pump in my hot tub (leaking) and it was quite the ordeal to replace it.  Once I had the new pump installed and filled it up, it took twice the time it should have to heat.  I attributed that to the display of an error message, which went away after I turned the power off and back on.  Eventually the pool reached 100, but I know, having had this hot tub for more than a decade, the heater just isn't working well.  My question is could this be related to the pump replacement?  Is it possible for a heater to work, but not real well?

Thanks in advance for any information ...

32 minutes ago, David Miller said:

Is it possible for a heater to work, but not real well?

I have seen heater elements covered thick in scale that worked but not very well. 

It is possible that one leg of the heater is not working due to a failed relay and the element is only getting 120v instead of full 240V. 

Need to test for power coming off the circuit board to make sure it is getting 240V to the heater when the spa is calling for heat.

Do you have a multi meter and know how to use it safely to test for power?

Post photos of the circuit board and the schematic on the inside cover if there is one

• Like 1