Problem communicating with pack

SoakerDude

Hi All,

My Hydropool Self-Clean recently stopped working with message on the LCD that says "Problem communicating with the pack, check keypad connections or update the pack software".  My local service dealer can't make it out until middle of next week but suggests I will need to replace the spa pack (my tub is 5 years old), so while I sit with a cold tub I was just wondering is this usual? Do they only last that long or could I have perhaps done something to save it?  These last few weeks have been major hot here (in the 40's with humidex) so I wonder if the heat contributed to it's demise.  Thanks for the input,

SoakerDude

1 hour ago, RDspaguy said:

The heat and humidity could play a role, but it's not likely. More likely is mice chewing on wires. I would check all the wiring for damage.

That's what I'm hoping just due to the age of the tub.  Not that a chewed wire is a good thing, but also kinda hoping maybe a rodent ran by something and jarred it loose. 

The computer circuit board in the pack is exposed to some pretty rough conditions under that cabinet, and if you put your laptop under there it wouldn't last a month. Be impressed it lasted 5 years, not upset it only lasted 5 years. Circuit board failures are uncommon, but can occur any time. Often they result from power surges, lightning strikes in the area, or transformer failures. But a small leak in the equipment area and high sanitizer levels will corrode everything under there, including the electronics.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi @SoakerDude, wondering how you resolved this?

I got the same message yesterday (New Years Eve) after changing the water and restarting. Everything was operating normal up to that point. Did you have to replace the board? Do you mind sharing the approximate cost? Unfortunate timing as today is a holiday and we are expecting subzero temps for a few days to I've had to drain and winterize the tub until I can get a service call.

• Like 1

First.. Please start your own post. Next place a small heater inside the cabinet. If you don't get all the water out (almost impossible) it will freeze and break plumbing. There is a post on here that details the issue and repair. https://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/53524-gecko-inxe-spa-pack-stuck-in-boot-up-low-voltage-power-supply/&tab=comments#comment-208142

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2022 at 5:04 PM, CanadianSpaTech said:

First.. Please start your own post. Next place a small heater inside the cabinet. If you don't get all the water out (almost impossible) it will freeze and break plumbing. There is a post on here that details the issue and repair. https://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/53524-gecko-inxe-spa-pack-stuck-in-boot-up-low-voltage-power-supply/&tab=comments#comment-208142

I have a spa saying the same thing?  The spa is new and just delivered two weeks ago so is the pack bad or is there a wire that is loose that I can check?

20220205_144442.jpg

Again, we ask that you start your own thread. That helps keep things straight and allows our volunteer techs a central place for each issue.

Now, for your tub, it could be a connection, it could be the topside or it could be the pack. If it's new, I would be getting the dealer out there under warranty asap.

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2022 at 11:41 AM, dmac said:

Hi @SoakerDude, wondering how you resolved this?

I got the same message yesterday (New Years Eve) after changing the water and restarting. Everything was operating normal up to that point. Did you have to replace the board? Do you mind sharing the approximate cost? Unfortunate timing as today is a holiday and we are expecting subzero temps for a few days to I've had to drain and winterize the tub until I can get a service call.

Did this get resolved? I experience the same issue after draining and refilling water. No other indications of any errors. 

• 6 months later...