Pump leak - help!

Hi spa masters!
I just bought a house that came with a spa. Naturally, within the first month, it's started leaking. First I noticed water leaking only when I put the jets on their highest setting, but now it leaks continually. I even turned off the tub completely and it still leaks. I took off the panels and can see water spraying out of the pump when on (Gecko AquaFlo XP2). It comes out right along that ridge where it looks like the previous owner tried to glue or seal that break.
Is this fixable or should I just get a new pump? 
Also, what is that clear tube? Should that still be connected to a new pump? What does it do? Should there be water in it? 
I'm a total noob here, so I apologize for my ignorance. I'm just now diving into all the youtube videos that explain pump repair. I tried to call around for help, but nobody will work on above ground tubs. I was told that it's a "DIY project, good luck." 

Thank you, guys!

0822211755.jpg

That fitting should have an o-ring, but someone caulked it. It will have water in it, and it's purpose depends on where the clear hose goes, either a bleeder/bypass or a drain. Yes, you need it long term, but can do without it for a while (untill you drain/refill at least). 

The leak might be a crack in the pump face or a leak at the barb or o-ring (caulk seal in this case). That caulk looks fairly new, so I am betting on pump face or barb crack. 

I would replace the barb and see. If it still leaks, replace the pump face.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2021 at 5:42 PM, RDspaguy said:

That fitting should have an o-ring, but someone caulked it. It will have water in it, and it's purpose depends on where the clear hose goes, either a bleeder/bypass or a drain. Yes, you need it long term, but can do without it for a while (untill you drain/refill at least). 

The leak might be a crack in the pump face or a leak at the barb or o-ring (caulk seal in this case). That caulk looks fairly new, so I am betting on pump face or barb crack. 

I would replace the barb and see. If it still leaks, replace the pump face.

Thank you!