Foamy water

Susanj

I know using Foam down should be a stopgap measure when you can’t change the water,  just to tide you over . But what do you do if your water is clear , TDS is low ( under 400), it’s all balanced and yet you have foam? Is this when you use an enzyme or is that for cloudy water? It doesn’t seem like I should need to change the water as it isn’t that old either. 

If you are washing your bathing suits with the regular load of laundry it will pick up the detergent and when you go in the spa it's just like a washing machine and will release the detergent and foam up like it is designed to do. Don't wash just rinse.

I have been using Spa Marvel lately. Bottle every 3 months on refill with great results.

• Like 2

In your vacation rental tub, you have no control over what goes in that water. Your guests could be pouring in bubblebath for all you know (Yes, I've seen it happen). If the foam down doesn't do it, drain and refill. The time since your last water change is meaningless in your situation.

• Like 2

Let the neighbor's 20 yr old son use my spa once for a party. They had lots of wobbly pops and a slip and slid set up using dish soap on it to slide better then used the spa. When I got home it was like a foam party at a rave. Good party though. Woke him up at 8 am after he had gone to bed at 4 all wasted and made him drain, clean and fill. Thought he was gonna die...lol

• Haha 2