Slight foam on High!

Rom Lokken

Hi all,

New tub six weeks in. Tested daily (for my own education) with Taylor drop kit. Using nature2, has Ozone and UV, Spa marvel and maintain a daily chlorine level of 1-3ppm (1/2 tbsp per bather per hour). MPS weekly or twice weekly when heavily used. Free Chlorine and Total Chlorine are in lockstep. Ph is rock solid at 7.4. Alkalinity is 120. Prefilter is swapped out and washed weekly.  Filter is sprayed weekly, swapped out and soaked monthly.  All good so far. 

Water is clear. Water stays clear without jets on low. Full jets and full air produces a slight foam that dissipates quickly but produces what appears to be slight oil slicks. MPS shock doesn’t change this. SuperChlorination didn’t either. Total dissolved solids are only at ~750ppm.

So any idea about how much foam is normal and if some oil is uneradicable? Thought? 

RDspaguy I have no doubt WHERE it came from. But we shower before entering, have thoroughly rinsed bathing suits and I’m already using enzymes. And yet there’s still this slight foam (very slight) on high. Since I’m a newbie I’m wondering what’s normal. I’m not by my spa but I’ll add a picture of the issue. 

RDspaguy I have no doubt WHERE it came from. But we shower before entering, have thoroughly rinsed bathing suits and I’m already using enzymes. And yet there’s still this slight foam (very slight) on high. I’ve now added a series of video for reference. Clear in the first (the videos are out of order but obvious) with only filtering jets. Slight agitation on next setting. Foam on high jets full air. Quick dissipation. Followed by slight bubble/oil streaks. Since I’m a newbie I’m wondering what’s normal.  

Hello ROM Lokken:  Have you done a plumbing purge to get rid of any biofilm or bio-contaminants?  This should be performed even on brand new hot tubs that have never even been used.

• Like 1

To be sure that the nasties are attenuated we strongly recommend that you purge.  If you think the maintenance is easier now it will be even easier after the purge.