Bleed point

Yehme

Has anyone found any value in putting an extra bleed point in between circ pump and heater? I have a decent high point in plumbing and was wondering what people with more knowledge of plumbing systems think about it? I think i have about 40nb plumbing and .84kw circ pump to in.therm heater which seems to be sucking ok but throwing no flow code. What is the chance on a small air lock reducing flow? 

Thanks in advance..

The chances are good that an air lock can reduce flow. Have you replaced anything in that plumbing circuit or is this a new issue on an older tub? If this is a new issue, I doubt it's an air lock issue unless you just did a water change. I'm against adding additional plumbing. It adds another potential leak point. It's easy enough to crack open a union to purge any air.

For low flow issues, pull the filters, even if they appear clean. Run the tub and see if the flow issue goes away. If not, start checking the flow sensor. Make sure it is moving freely and making contact when the tub is moving water.

Take some pictures of your equipment area, the inside of the spa pack and the wiring diagram and post them here. This allows us to see exactly what you have, allows advice in which parts to test and how. Different manufacturers do things differently to achieve the same results. gecko packs use different things than Balboa packs and Hot Springs is different from both of them.

Do you have a multimeter? That is the tool of choice for testing sensors.

• Like 1