Different size impeller in my pump?

sasq40

Went to swap out the impeller in my circulating pump, but it looks like at some point it was changed out. My pump is a waterways cp 1/8 1n22a. According to my research it should have impeller 310-0900 since its before 2015.now the impeller that was it is was a 310-4020. I went to the first local spa place to get a replacement for what I had, which they have me (4020) then I discovered that wasn't correct. Second spa place orders me what was supposed to be a 0900 but comes in at a 4020 and theyre telling me that it will work. The real kicker is that all 2 of the 4020 look different tho lol(top one was what was in my spa pump)

can I use these or should I try for a 0900?

20210813_144301.jpg

20210811_213244.jpg

1 hour ago, sasq40 said:

Also changing out the seal on the valoot side (spelling proably off?) was told this isn't a oring model, but there was silicone on it, what type of silicone do it use? 

20210813_152156.jpg

Spa guy on YouTube says use his special silly juice, I'd like to know what I can grab local to use instead of waiting awhile to order something 

On 8/13/2021 at 6:38 PM, sasq40 said:

says use his special silly juice,

That's exactly what I tell my wife. 🤣

Use clear 100% silicone caulk. And just a skim coat on the sealbefore setting it. I use a rubber handled screwdriver turned backwards to set the seal. The graphite ring is easily cracked by uneven pressure.

The replacement will be the same size as the original.

If you mean the plastic ring on the front end of the impeller, some use them some don't. I don't know if yours needs one or not. The pump will work without it, at slightly lower pressure and efficiency.

It's spelled "volute", but you were close. 😉