Balboa TP600 Temp Range

swanny65

Hi
First time poster here and a firm believer that forums are the best place to go to understand stuff. So here goes....

Set up our hot tub yesterday - it was not a complex process ☺️

However I not sure I understand how best to use the Temp Range on the Balboa TP600 panel. I guess as its new we will be using it daily for a few weeks/months so this isn't going to matter much.....

I have set the high at 35c and the low at 30c but what does this mean ?

Here's what i think: In ready mode it will maintain 35c all the time and in rest mode maintain 30c.  If that is correct when we get to winter (or go on holiday) keep the high at 35c and drop the low to 10-15c - so there is no danger of it freezing and if we want to use it in the evening switch to ready mode and it will need about 10 hrs to get to 35c. I think maintain 35c 24/7 365 days a year is going to be costly.

Grateful for confirmation my understanding is correct or being corrected.

Thanks

p.s. Filter cycles once or twice a day ? Two hours twice a day seems to be the norm......     

Thanks again