2009 ThermoSpas Concord assistance

zlj2011

Hi Folks,

I inherited a 2009 era ThermoSpas Concord (serial R426601-09 /  build date 6-24-09, if important) that sat for several years.  I have no paperwork for the spa and have been trying to get it up and running - it worked normally when it was last used.  After getting it wired and upon first fill I ran into a problem with pump #2 that now seems to be resolved.  The pump was leaking and causing a GFI break that would shut the whole spa down after about 30 seconds.  I will probably rebuild this pump and keep it as a spare but to get things going quickly, I installed a new pump and have filled up the spa again. 

The spa seems to be more or less working now, although I am not 100% sure if it is working correctly.  The spa heated to it's setpoint overnight and I can get pump #2 to operate (the new one).  Pump #1 is the circulation pump and seems to cycle normally when the tub is heating.  I am not too sure how to turn it on/off manually.  I am also not sure if it is a one or two speed pump.  I am also not sure how to adjust the setpoint temp.  I suspect this spa also has modes of some type? 

Any chance someone has a manual from this generation?  Or any tips?

thank you!

Getting late but ran out to tinker for a few minutes and grabbed some prelim images, which are below.  I also realized that I think the 10E indicator is almost certainly the setpoint and actually 103.  I get that to display, as in the pic below, hitting the up/down arrow button.  I also was able to get the 2nd pump to turn on/off by hitting the up/down arrow then hitting the pump 2 button but I am not able to get the circulation pump to switch to a higher speed.  I also cant get the blower to turn on still or make sense of how to adjust the temp settings.

IMG_2219.thumb.jpg.bb8b89cbabf04870197ef455ac4f00be.jpgIMG_2220.thumb.jpg.ce61c2eae2d0cd4d3fc21866d209c5a6.jpgIMG_2221.thumb.jpg.758d7074c5aad47a6910a1b0c9d63457.jpgIMG_2222.thumb.jpg.852e189a07afbd929d820d1983e7e76c.jpgIMG_2227.thumb.jpg.5a7508af21bb8e095f951301000f3182.jpgIMG_2223.thumb.jpg.86c0cdc0d77d2042fb62903c42ecb706.jpg

22 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

pump 1 should be 2 speed and pump 2 hi speed only.

Tech manual here: https://www.geckodepot.com/fichiers/documentsProduits/GDA/en/Techbook_in_xe_EN.pdf

Many, many thanks!!!!  It never occurred to me that this was a Gecko unit and not something proprietary to the spa maker.  This is incredibly helpful.  I'll study up and revert back with any questions if I have any.

Once again, thank you so much for your help.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, zlj2011 said:

I also cant get the blower to turn on still or make sense of how to adjust the temp settings.

You have 2 components plugged into the pack...pump 1 (orange) and pump 2 (purple). No blower

Looks like pump 2 on the right and pump 1 is in behind the pack but need to see a photo of the white tag on the pumps to know if single speed or 2 speed.

Is the pump behind the pack the same physical size as the pump on the right?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

You have 2 components plugged into the pack...pump 1 (orange) and pump 2 (purple). No blower

Looks like pump 2 on the right and pump 1 is in behind the pack but need to see a photo of the white tag on the pumps to know if single speed or 2 speed.

Is the pump behind the pack the same physical size as the pump on the right?

Thanks, I can take some more pics of the rear pump but yes pump 1 is right behind the spa pack.  It looks similar to the new one (pump 2) on the right but I am not 100% sure if it is the same.  Easy enough to check if it's 2 speed.  The new one is actually a 2 speed but wired for high speed only as this was the replacement Gecko part number for the original 1 speed pump. 

I realized this morning that there was no blower and meant to edit that out of my prior posts.  Looks like I missed the post with the pics.  This was my parents 4th spa, if I recall correctly, and it didn't even occur to me that they had bought one without a blower.  Odd... but who am I to complain.. free spa and despite the apparent condition it was only used for a short time and otherwise sat for various reasons.

Still not quite sure what's up with the controls for the 1st pump but I need go through the test procedure in the tech manual that you provided earlier.  It will cycle with the heater but it doesn't seem to be responsive to the button.  Not sure if it's a programming issue, a fuse (unlikely), an issue with the control pad, or something up with the spa pack. 

Will tinker more shortly... got sidetracked looking for a replacement arm for the hydraulic cover lifter that I broke the first time I used it.  Probably not the best idea to have installed it 18 months ago since I completely forgot about the button on the locking hydraulic lift.  Grrrrrrr!

• Like 1