Dynasty spa continuously runs pump 1 low speed

Dynasty leeward hot tub continuously runs on pump 1 low speed.  Will not shut off even when display reads OFF.  Has been reaching temps  of 105 and I have it set to 95.  When I try to activate the pump to hi speed it gives a loud hum and shuts everything off.   Hi speed does not activate.  The tub will then turn back on to low speed after 20mins and continuously run.  Pump 2 is a single speed pump and is working perfectly fine.  From what I can tell pump 1 is the pump for circulation and heating.   Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Are the relays labeled or easily identified?   I had a local repair dealer come to check it and he wanted to sell me a new 2 speed pump for $450+, but he was mostly concerned that it would not operate on hi speed not so much that it was constantly running on low.  

49 minutes ago, Cory_bell said:

I had a local repair dealer come to check it and he wanted to sell me a new 2 speed pump for $450+

Find a new repair service. 

The stuck low speed relay is sending power constantly to the low speed then when you hit it into hi speed that low speed power is still there and now you get the pack sending power to both low and high speed at once which causes a LOUD hard Buzz then trips out the pump. You need an electronics repair company/person to replace all the relays on the board. Relays are fairly cheap. If you take the pack to them then you should be between $150/$300 depending where you are located and who is doing the work.

Where are you located?

• Like 2

Depends on the control system. Post some pics of the circuit board so we can see what you've got.

I am certain it is a stuck relay. Do not buy a pump. That guy is what we call a parts-swapper. Throw parts at it until it starts working. Next he would sell you a circuit board, which would fix the problem.

• Like 1

Question?  Would it be possible for the relay to become unstuck?  I left the spa off at the breaker for 24 hrs and figured I’m going to have to drain it or close the gate valves and remove the spa pack.  I thought I would do this over the weekend, so I turned the breaker back on (after 24+ hrs) and both pump kicked on and now working as they should.  I can go back and forth from hi and low speed and when I turned to off, it turns off as it should.   So is this an unstuck relay or an entirely different problem.  I’ve only had this spa which I bought 2nd hand since May.  So I’m learning as I go.  Unfortunately I didn’t get any owners manual so the controls are a bit foreign to me.

My Dynasty Spa (IN.XE) is doing the exact same thing. The Dynasty factory in Athens, TN sent their service guy out who turned out to be just a parts changer. He installed a new pump and that didn't fix the problem. He had no idea what could be wrong or how to troubleshoot it and had to go back and talk to the Tech guy at Dynasty. He is coming back to replace the Spa Pack in a couple of weeks. I should have fixed the circuit board myself as desoldering/soldering in new relays is a piece of cake.

7 hours ago, elguapo99 said:

My Dynasty Spa (IN.XE) is doing the exact same thing. The Dynasty factory in Athens, TN sent their service guy out who turned out to be just a parts changer. He installed a new pump and that didn't fix the problem. He had no idea what could be wrong or how to troubleshoot it and had to go back and talk to the Tech guy at Dynasty. He is coming back to replace the Spa Pack in a couple of weeks. I should have fixed the circuit board myself as desoldering/soldering in new relays is a piece of cake.

Did he actually come from the factory, or was he a local subcontractor? 

I worked for a dynasty dealer for a short while about 10 years ago and worked with their field rep for a few days. He was knowledgeable and experienced, and had been in the field longer than I, but was still at the mercy of factory tech support who had to approve all repairs before parts were authorized. And to a spa manufacturer the spa pack is a single part, that's how they get it, and the authorized repair is always a new part. They will replace the whole pump for a shaft seal leak, the whole pack for a faulty heater element (if covered by warranty). That's just how it goes for most brands.

If you had repaired the board you would have voided your entire warranty on the whole spa.

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, madmapper said:

I was having the exact same issue as described above. Was told i would need a brand new in.xe. I took it to a circuit board repair place and it was fixed in a day for 1/10th the price.

And what you did is usually what would be recommended here in a non warranty repair situation.

I will say that in some cases, it really is easier and cheaper to drop in a Balboa VS501 ($500 complete) or a Gecko IN.YE ($400 complete, $500 for an IN.XE) and call it a day. This is especially true for one that has a bad heater and extensive PC board damage.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi we have a Dynasty  Neptune Hottub we bought used. Both pumps are new, recently changed circulation pump. Problem maintaining heat, pump stays on, took filters out now only shows pump 1 running with flashing arrow on top. When I shut everything down at breaker and restart it reaches desired heat then drops??? hoping you may see something similar with your post and issue fixed