Solana TX applies high and low speed pump at power up

Dwest01

On 7/30/2021 at 8:18 PM, CanadianSpaTech said:

If you order the Balboa system make sure to get the smaller topside to fit when you remove the old one. You might have to trim the opening as the original topside is quite small. 

I have made the switch before so if you are going to replace the entire system let me know and I will inform you on what's required to make it work/fit

I am going to replace the entire system. I plan to order it next week.

Ok... You will have to change out the wires for any components (pump, Ozone, Light to AMP style connector... spa pump power cord AMP connector

Your current pack uses sensors outside of the pack. Temp Sensor goes through the side wall of the spa in the filter basket. You will not need this sensor but you will need to keep the hole plugged so just disconnect it and tie the wires up and away. The new pack is a little larger and might be right up against the filter housing and in one retro fit I did I had to loosen the pump hold down screws to get everything to line up and then screw them back in place. If it touches the filter housing it might vibrate noise.

With the topside I had to add in and shape a block out plate for the topsides I was using and cut/dremel out the acrylic to get it to fit.

Block out plate... "Universal" 

Adapter Blackout Plate, Hydro-Quip 8-1/2" x 3-1/2". For Eco-401 or Balboa  E4 Duplex Topside

You will have to make sure the new pack is set up properly for the right current setting and wiring the board for the components to match what you have. Pump is likely 120V and pack needs to be wired for a 120V pump. It might come set up for 240V operation.

Please follow up and or detail your journey for the next guy...and so I don't have to write this all again...lol

Good Luck

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The new pack did come with all the needed cords.  I did have to change the red and black wires on my pump as this pack was running the high speed pump instead of the low speed pump while heating.  I opened the hole up for the controller and cut the plate down some to fit.  The pack was a direct replacement for the old one and went in very easy.

PXL_20210813_154507298.jpg

PXL_20210812_003505087.jpg

PXL_20210812_001825518.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/13/2021 at 12:35 PM, CanadianSpaTech said:

Want a job...lol

Excellent glad you were able to get it all working. The only thing I see is maybe a neat bead of silicone around the topside and plate but if there is a good seal you will be fine.

Gold Star for the group effort.

I put sealant under the black trim plate and used that to hold it in place. It comes with a self-adhesive backing, but it was two piece and I didn't like it so I used sealant instead.

• Like 3