Beachcomber 150 fl flashing both fl and temperature

Ronlq

Happy to pay a fee for assistance.  Beachcomber 150 was working ok.. then temp drop next morning.. no heat obviously - pushe pump swithc it works on high speed - we dont have the pump turning on at low speed as it always did prior..  display shows current temp and fl       display goes back and forth between the temp and fl     its not flashing or solid fl only.

First remove the filter and reset the GFCI breaker off/on. Remove the filters from the equation. If the error comes back then you should be looking at the pump and then flow switch next. When you power the spa back up observe the heating/filtering related pump to see if it is starting at all in low speed. If it is humming in low speed then you have a pump issue and likely a bad start capacitor. Let us know results and we can go from there. 

new motor and pump last year.  when i saw the flow error.. first thing i did... turn off breaker 5 mins...then remove filter and all parts so water is straight flow.  reset breaker... power on.. motor only runs on high. power off test again.. same result. tonight led is more visible.. I would say fl is flashing mode.   history note: in past occasionally fl would come flash... i'd cut breaker and it resolved.  History note: last winter had 6 mil plastic on the styro.... it disintegrated before i notice.. pieces of dry plastic on top of water.. filter was in place.. i cleaned off the bits of plastic floating and removed from styro.. that was about 6 months back.. appreciate your help.. and will be happy to etransfer once resolved.. from your other posts... i'm not sure where or how to start assess Flow switch or how to test it out... do have fluke meter if thats any use to assess. (  i'm very handy and some electronic background if that helps)  thank you for reply!!!

9 hours ago, Ronlq said:

power on.. motor only runs on high.

When you power on it should start in low speed. You say it only runs in High speed...is that because you push the button to go to high or is it starting in high speed? It's a beachcomber is there a small circulation pump? Post photos as @RDspaguy asked.

When i power on... all is quiet. no motor run... fl and water temp on display... there are only 2 switches.. one for temp other for motor.. if i push motor switch it goes to high speed. I have no low speed..   will open the unit and photo the board then post.. thanks for all the help so far!.

Gentelmen... I wish to say thank you very much.. your forum taught me very quickly that my tub has a flo switch and a little more research and now I understand "what it does"   very similar to flow switch concept on my gas pool heater.

so i opened the control unit Digital 1000 and immediately found the problem... the brown wire from motor connection had burned off the spade connector... I will post the physical board photo and you can clearly see that it has or had been arcing.. white char on the relay..   hence I cut the wire.. new spade and close up and test.. its working.. from your forum I understand that the low speed on the pump was OFF and hence flo sensor did its job..   The only remaining question is why it burned.. i installed a brand new pump / motor early this spring.. now i'm wondering if it is putting an additional load on the relay.. or was it simply age... or simply corrosion on the spade connector..  any additional things you think i should check?  for now i'll run it and keep an eye on it..

now if you can simply let me know email address and i'll send an etransfer donation.. 

thanks so much guys.. you responded very quicky .. Big THANKS

Ron

3 hours ago, Ronlq said:

i'll send an etransfer donation.. 

@RDspaguyis the true hero but like all Americans he is very modest 🤣 and asks nothing in return. Me however...Please send $1,000,000.00 to...lol

Ron...nice of you to offer. If you feel compelled Pay it Forward. A simple act of kindness.

• Haha 1

Great Response.. I myself in my business... have done the same thing.. MY HAT OFF TO YOU.... Pay it forward I WILL!!! there is some bad news however... the 1 mill etransfer will bounce LOL.

Thanks Much... I'm fixed... but i'm gonna follow this group!   Wonderful group.. and by the way.. here we are 6 hr later. temp is rising and all running well...   

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

@RDspaguyis the true hero but like all Americans he is very modest 🤣 and asks nothing in return. Me however...Please send $1,000,000.00 to...lol

Ron...nice of you to offer. If you feel compelled Pay it Forward. A simple act of kindness.

Yes, modesty is one of my many, many admirable qualities. Please try not to be jealous, it comes naturally and you can't hope to equal it. 😉