Removing clips and hose without breaking them

noah

I’ve managed to claw my way to the jet, and I have to remove the hoses now. I’m worried about breaking the clips and/or hoses. What’s the proper method for getting these off? I’m thinking about loosening the clip and shimmying it over so it’s not gripping the jet, but would that tear into the hose (or would shimmying the clip break the clip)? The hose is too stuck on for me to pull it off with the clip there, or perhaps I need to loosen more / pull harder? 

Guidance appreciated. 

CCE20383-6039-4886-B8C5-BE22609B8440.jpeg

9D2401CE-16E3-49A3-9098-257859342B5B.jpeg

Hold up...
What are you trying to do. Is the jet leaking and if so where. There is a large nut on the back of the jet body. If it is leaking at this point and water is dripping out where the jet body meets the spa shell I back off the nut all the way and leave the hoses connected. You can then push the jet ahead a bit and clean out/remove the gasket seal on the acrylic side of the spa and also clean out/remove any silicone on the inside where the nut is. Then using marine grade silicone lay a bead on both the acrylic side and the nut side and retighten the nut/jet body back in place. 

• Like 1

I use plyers or channel locks to squeeze the clips together and remove. The Hose I cut as close to the jet body as possible if you think there is enough hose to re attach to the new jet body but you might end up short if there is not enough hose available. In that case you will need to add in a line coupler and an extra piece of hose. 

Just cut both hoses close to the Jet body and remove the jet body. Don't even worry about the clips unless they are in the way. Take them off once the jet is out.

• Like 1