New to hot tubs ... and MPS reading of 0??

WendyLou

Hi, I have just bought my first hot tub.  My TA and Ph levels are reading fine, however, my MPS was low.  I am using Aquablanc, I added the Aquablanc O2 Tablets (in floater) and
Aquablanc Combination A liquid but instead of raising the level it is now on 0.  Can you tell me what I am doing wrong, please.

Many thanks

Wendy

3 hours ago, WendyLou said:

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong, please.

This.

am using Aquablanc,

And this.

MPS

I am no chemistry expert, but I gather that this is a silver/copper liquid and mps tablets.

While I like ionized silver, I use it with chlorine and ozone. I do not consider it to be a primary sanitizer.

I do not use or generally recommend mps. You are far more likely to have an adverse reaction to mps than to chlorine or the resulting byproducts (which ozone removes). 

Ozone is a strong oxidizer, and could burn off mps as well as chlorine and chloramines. Does your spa have ozone?

Mps, or any other oxidizer, will destroy, and be destroyed by, organic contaminants in the water, so a heavy contaminant level will deplete mps, chlorine, bromine, even peroxide. No sanitizer (chlorine, bromine) and a lower mps level than is needed to oxidize the contaminants introduced by use can result in residual contaminants that, given a short while, will grow into a biofilm that is chemical resistant and provides a bacterial breeding ground which continues to deplete your sanitizer/oxidizer while never being completely destroyed by it. For more info, search the forum for "biofilm" or "ahhsome".

Wow, I never saw them anywhere.

Found a shop in London Ontario that has them.

Amazon Canada does not.

thanks  order placed

I put my first dose in today at 1/2 the rate on the bottle.  The FC is up high near 7 or 8 and a few

hours later the water is milky.  It has been perfectly clear until this.