I have an arctic spa with an inaccurate temp level on the screen. When it is set at 104 it only gets to 90ish. I purchased a new regulation probe and have been sticking it in the top of the tub. Same issue. If I pull it outside the heater kicks on and I can get the tub very hot...111. Currently the tub is at 100deg set at 104 (not heating anymore) and the display reads 107 degrees. I am checking true temp with a quality meat thermometer.  Any suggestions? 

1 hour ago, Cody7thomas said:

I am checking true temp with a quality meat thermometer.

Really? I doubt it, but you can test boiling water and ice to check the calibration. Every one I have owned was off quite a bit. And the odds of both new and old sensors being off by the exact same amount, and both matching the high-limit, even in different locations, are extremely small. 

When it is set at 104 it only gets to 90ish.

90ish on the display, or on your thermometer?

the tub is at 100deg set at 104

Again, according to your thermometer?

the display reads 107 degrees.

Was this after you heated it up by pulling the temperature sensor out of the water, or did it heat to a displayed temp of 107 when set to 104 with the sensor installed?

If it is actually that far off, without any error codes on the display, it has to be the circuit board. And I seriously doubt it is the circuit board. Which only leaves your thermometer. 🤔

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.  I realize the meat thermometer could be a little inaccurate so I have done several tests. 

This AM the tub was set to 95deg. Temp on the frontside display shows 101. My thermometer shows 89deg. MEATER thermometer shows 90. The new regulation sensor is sitting in the tub and plugged in. I know it's in low because you can easily feel low 90's vs 100. 

9 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

Was this after you heated it up by pulling the temperature sensor out of the water, or did it heat to a displayed temp of 107 when set to 104 with the sensor installed? 

To heat the tub up to over 100 degrees it requires me to pull the new sensor out of the tub. When I placed it back in the tub it displayed 111 then " HL".  

That board looks fried. Upper right between the fuse and the sensor plug at the triac.

@CanadianSpaTech, what do you think?

I was going to have you test the sensors and compare to the temperature/resistance chart, but I don't think it's necessary now. If that discoloration is not an optical illusion in the pic, then the sensors are fine, as is the meat thermometer. The board and transformer are another story.

Have you had any recent lightning strikes or power surges in the area? Any other electronics in the house acting up?

15 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

That board looks fried. Upper right between the fuse and the sensor plug at the triac.

Looks like discolored glue/sealant to me, which can also be problematic, as certain brands of glue used on boards can become conductive when it ages, but doesn't look like the type I normally deal with on monitors/power supplies etc.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 3:57 PM, CanadianSpaTech said:

Clean the pins coming off the board. P5 and P20

https://issuu.com/geckomkt/docs/mc_mp_ce_as_service_manual_en 

pages 23,24

Where are you located?

It appears the board is fried as cleaning didn't help. Any other ideas? 

Or does anyone have a recommendation as to where I should order another one?

http://spapartsdepot.com/gecko-board-with-cable-kit-mspa-mp-bf4-0201-300031/ 

Verify with seller that this matches your topside and that they have in stock before ordering if you buy new.

Still think something is off with the sensors... did you also replace the hi limit sensor when you replaced the regulation/temp probe?

22 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

http://spapartsdepot.com/gecko-board-with-cable-kit-mspa-mp-bf4-0201-300031/ 

Verify with seller that this matches your topside and that they have in stock before ordering if you buy new.

Still think something is off with the sensors... did you also replace the hi limit sensor when you replaced the regulation/temp probe?

Thank you. 

No I have not done the HL sensor but I don't think that will come into play will it? Even when I fill the tub with 50deg water the display shows in the 90's. 

• 9 months later...
7 hours ago, janie said:

I am installing a thermometer in an Arctic cabinet and will measure the temps inside the cabinet vs. the temp of the water. I am very interested in seeing at what temp this spa cabinet is in cold temps. I am not ignorant Steve, as ignorance is standing by and taking any story that comes along as gospel. I do get irritated that no one seems to get or care that if in fact, this cabinet is cooler than the water temp the insulation story is bunk. Either that or we just go along with any story that comes along. Stuart has a great point in that there are specs that these electronics are designed to operate at. At no time did he imply operating them in 0 degree temps is optimal, as every spa cabinet is much warmer than the outside air.
I think the name-calling and sideline attacking are ignorant rather than offering some kind of fact or input to find a solution to the disagreement.

??

10 hours ago, janie said:

I am installing a thermometer in an Arctic cabinet and will measure the temps inside the cabinet vs. the temp of the water. I am very interested in seeing at what temp this spa cabinet is in cold temps. I am not ignorant Steve, as ignorance is standing by and taking any story that comes along as gospel. I do get irritated that no one seems to get or care that if in fact, this cabinet is cooler than the water temp the insulation story is bunk. Either that or we just go along with any story that comes along. Stuart has a great point in that there are specs that these electronics are designed to operate at. At no time did he imply operating them in 0 degree temps is optimal, as every spa cabinet is much warmer than the outside air.
I think the name-calling and sideline attacking are ignorant rather than offering some kind of fact or input to find a solution to the disagreement.

What are you talking about? It certainly doesn't look like you are responding to this 9 month old thread.

If you are looking for help on an issue, please start a new thread and explain your issue in as much detail as you can and post up pictures of your spa pack, the wiring diagram and equipment area.