Light orange slimy stuff under the hot tub cover

Friends,

I am noticing light orange color slimy stuff under the hot tub cover. I use a glass cleaner to clean it. I clean it but new stuff deposits again everyday. I was recently out of town for 4-5 days. When I came back, there was a lots. I also notice a strong smell in the water which I thought came from the chemicals. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Most of the times we get into the hot tub without taking a bath. Is it the bacterias? Is it the chemicals?

The chemicals I use ...

Water Clearfier

Bromine tablets

Bromine Shocker

IMG_3577.jpg

Out of curiosity... why use clarifier?

Clarifiers were developed for sand filters, as small particles can go through the sand, and clarifier is like small particle glue which clumps up the particles so the sand can catch them. You have absolutely no need for clarifiers with a cartridge filter, they are just gumming it up. If you have cloudy water in your spa you are not maintaining properly or have a contaminant issue (makeup, lotion, pollen, etc). I would just drain and refill, which you should be doing every 3-4 months anyway.