Jet insert snapped off-can't remove bottom part

miango

Hi,

I was removing the jets from Dr Wellness G2 Tranquility series.  To clean them.  One of the smaller jets snapped. So I have the round silver and black top of the jet, but the rest of the jet is STUCK.  I've tried everything I can think of to get it out.  Are there special tools?  Any suggestions for how to get it out?  

Or, is my only option to open up the hot tub, cut out the insulation, and remove and replace entire jet housing?

Thank you

Michele

Also trying to find out part numbers for Dr Wellness g2 tranquility spa jets so I can order replacements.  Called LPI and they were not helpful.  Called Aqua Living store and they were not helpful either. Anyone know what I can use to replace my existing jets?  Thanks. 

Sorry this happened to you. 

This is why most people recommend to stay far away from any LPI products. Low end , cheap spas with lousy customer support and even worse dealers.

If anyone can help you out either @CanadianSpaTechor @RDspaguywill be your guys.

On the positive side, there won't be much insulation to remove, LPI spas have very little insulation in them.

Clear, threaded jet inserts? Are there lights behind them?

For removing the broken jet I would first get a tapered flathead screwdriver that will wedge into the stem and try to unscrew it. This probably won't work, but is worth a try if you have such a screwdriver (I do).

If that fails I would use a tile cutter bit in my dremmel tool to cut into the sidewall of the stem behind the threads, carefully and only about 1/16th inch deep, in 3 or 4 spots around the inset to create break points then pry the sections inward with a small flathead screwdriver to pop the insert part out of the threads and free the insert without turning it. It sound complicated, but is really very simple to do. 

I will poke around later when I have more time to see if I can find a replacement for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We too bought an LPI hot tub.  Nothing but issues.  Our jet kept flying out when spa was on.  They sent us the replacement rings.  But nothing about how to replace it. Is it screwed in????  Or just popped in?  Just learned we have to drain the tub to access the screws that hold this piece in.  The new side panel came.  Too big, so we cut it down.  No insulation on it, so we put the old stuff on.  No joke for the stereo button, so we drilled one.  Still surging, so they are sending us a new pump.  
good thing we are handy.   I’m just amazed at the lack of communication in the company.  I’m sure I’ll be hauling it to the trash before I know it.  Will I get another spa.  Probably not. And that’s sad.   

so frustrating 

Edited by Dev
New info