Marquis Mirage Spa

Jon Boy

Hi, can anyone help me with the following? 

I have a 2009 Marquis Mirage spa. Recently, the PCB packed up, I bought a like for like (GS500Z) replacement, and set it all up exactly as the one that had died. The spa works, but the temperature control button now switches on the jets, the jets button does nothing, and the settings button changes the temperature. As i said, the wiring and the dip switches are all as before, any possible solutions please? Cheers

Is the firmware the same version? There is usually a chip that has a label on it with a revision number. If the number is not the same as your old one, that could be the explanation.

I'll let the others chime in here but if the boards are the same and the firmware is different. I would swap the EPROM from the old to the new and see if that fixes the problem.

Hi again Cranbiz, i just checked these, so on the new PCB, the label on the EPROM reads GS501ZR2B 1A04.

On the original PCB, the EPROM label reads LZM2ER2A  20080407, so you are correct, there is a difference. I will change them over tomorrow to see if this solves the problem. Thanks again.

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

The marquis board is proprietary, so is the topside. A proprietary part will not work with a generic one, they pay extra to make sure you have to go to marquis for the parts. I don't know if it is in the eprom or not, but would hesitate to risk damage to the new board to find out. A new generic topside is the answer.

• Like 1

Hi Guys, thanks for the replies. I have not tried swapping the EPROM yet, just in case any damage is caused to the new PCB, at least until i get some more feedback from you guys. It is very difficult for me to get Marquis spares over here in London, England, there isn't any Marquis dealerships in London anymore. Please see photographs of the new PCB, hope you can make out the switchbank okay. As i said, all wired and set up as per the dead PCB i took out. Again, any help really appreciated chaps. Jon.

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg