Leaking Calspa - Loose Hose

Hello, 

I recently purchased a home that has a Calspa 2002 Belair Special 50 Jets in the backyard.  It had been working great, but this morning when I went out to test the water it was empty.  I checked the drain plug and it appeared fine, I began refilling it and noticed water coming out of the front panel.  I turned off the power, removed the panel and found a loose hose was dumping the water.  I have looked for where it connects with no luck, I also can’t find a plumbing diagram for the unit online.  The hose is coming out of a pipe direct to the left of A motor near the “safety suction”.  Any ideas on where this goes or where to get a diagram?

F7638119-70F9-49CF-8E2B-4D754C3154BA.jpeg

13B6FB53-FE8B-4296-95C6-361CC5EEEBEB.jpeg

114E06E0-8FCF-4F86-89F5-3B0BAD425D6D.jpeg

38B11DE5-0F28-460D-8C31-7DA649A753A9.jpeg

Hello RDspaguy,

It is leaking from the other end of the hose. The hose was loose and sitting directly below the “true blue safety suction” in the last photo.  I’ve since capped it to prevent any further leakage.

There are no obvious places to connect the hose in the area.  Also, all jets appear to be functions, when jets are not on it slowly allows gravity to empty the hot tub (when not capped), when jets are turned on it shoots the water.  I’m dumb founded as to where this can connect.

Apologies, RDspaguy.  I worded that poorly.  The leak is coming from the unattached portion of hose that is not photographed.  

I’ve also been in contact with Calspa.  They stated they do not have a plumbing diagram, but the hose should connect to the pump.  I’ll take a look when I’m off work and let the forum know if I was able to resolve the issue.

Thanks again for the input RDspaguy.  There was a valve on the underside of the pump which was not visible to me.  Cleaned it off and reattached the hose with a new clamp.  Calspa customer service was able to direct me to it.  Great customer service by the way, they respond very promptly.

8430B3C6-299B-42F9-AD8D-E24E1B658671.jpeg