A-1 Bleach Ingredient List

Hi All,

We're having a hard time finding simple bleach locally.  Everything is splashless or scented or something.  We found this A-1 concentrated bleach which provides a decent ingredient list in a PDF which I have attached.  Can anyone tell me if Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Silicate and Sodium Metaperiodate would be problematic to use in our tub?

I still don't know what % Hypochlorite it is, but it's probably better then the 3% stuff I've been using.

Thanks,

Rob

A-1_Concentrated-Bleach-64oz_0-54200-03107-4.pdf

The A-1 bleach is plain chlorine bleach. The other ingredients are either normal manufacturing byproducts found in all bleach or added to stabilize it. From what I have seen, it's an 8..25% concentration, but it might be avaialbe in other strengths depending on where it's shipped to from the manufacturer.

You should be able to find  either 5.25% regular or 6% and 8.25% ultra or concentrated bleach in just about any Walmart, Target, or big box hardware store like Lowes or Home Depot that is plain, unscented bleach. You can also find it at a janitorial store or an office supply like Staples or Office Depot (often the best choice because they will be selling germicidal bleach which will not have the polyacrylate additive to prevent dirt from redepositing on clothes in the laundry. Polyacrylate is fine in bleach for swimming pool use since polyacrylate is the main ingredient in many swimming pool/.spa water clarifiers.) Many pool stores, Ace Hardware, Walmart, and the big box stores often sell pool and spa supplies and have liquid chlorine in either 10% in gallon jugs or 12.5% if they sell it in refillable carboys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had good luck at both Staples and Target and last time I was in Walmart (about a month ago) they had several gallons of 10% pool chlorine on the shelf. There is no shortage of liquid chlorine in case you've heard of the "pool chlorine shortage" because of a fire at a major manufacturing facility. That only affect trichlor tabs.

• Thanks 1