Water Spraying from Air Intakes

First, I know this has been covered in the other posts in this forum, but none resulted in a clear solution, so trying things again.

Also, forgive me if any of my terminology is incorrect!

I have a mid-80s Hydro-Spa K2 stand-alone tub. I know, vintage, right? It was my grandfather’s. I estimate he put in about 20 hours before he decided the hot tub lifestyle wasn’t for him, drained it, and sealed it.

For some reason, water is seeping out of the two air intakes with the jets off (or low pressure, anyway) and spraying with the jets on. Closing the air intakes just causes a leak inside the cabinet since I assume water is never supposed to be in this part of the system.

I’ve tried running the tub with and without the filters in and with and without the jets in. No difference. I’ve drained the tub and blown out the the jets and intakes with compressed air. I don’t believe there’s an airlock because the jets work fine and I filled the tub the “right way” by filling from the filter housing.

I’m at a loss here and any help is appreciated. 

Here are some other things that may or may not be related: The pump, heater, etc. was tripping the breaker, but I tracked that down to a faulty air switch on the controller. There are only two air switches, one for the light and one for all the other functions (jets, air, etc.). It was the second switch I replaced. Additionally, the blower is in bad shape and sounds like a coffee can filled with nails. I’ve disconnected the blower and still have the problem.

My operating theory in the air output portion behind the jets is sucking instead of blowing. Does that make any sense? And if so, what might cause it?