Help Model J-470 watchdog mode.

Chuck2jz

6 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

Well, it's a close call. I would plug in a transformer, but I carry one on my truck. I can't say I've ever seen one that close. But a bad transformer can cause a watchdog.

Is there any chance that the new pumps are different voltage or hp than the originals? 

The new pumps are rated as 4hp, 12amps. the cold pumps were 2.5 continous 5.1 max 11.7 amps hot tub parts supplier sujested them as an aftermarket replacment. He said that the hp #s were inflated and that you really want to match the amp draw.

• 1 month later...

@RDspaguyhey sorry to keep bothering you with questions... lol.

I replaced the transformer with a brand new unit from jacuzzi.

b1-b2=10.57

y1-y2=14.80

b1-y1=2.69

b1-y2=12.37

b2-y1=13.06

b2-y2=2.44

241 VAC at the pins going into the transformer.

It seams wierd to me that the new transformer is even farther out of spec than the old one. the incoming coltage is the same as at the transformer. At this point i have changet the high limit the temp sensor and the transformer. would you advise thats the next step would be a new curcit board or is there any other parts i should check first?

On 8/18/2021 at 9:39 AM, RDspaguy said:

You have eliminated the other possibilities, so that's what's left.

Are you sure you connected the new sensors properly? Put one tiny wire in the wrong slot and watchdog is what you get.

I belive so. is there a connector pinout available to check?

@RDspaguyhey sorry to keep bothering you..... I've replaced the controll board(6600-161) with a 6600-728. now the spa turns on and warms up to temp with the circ pump, but none of the controlls work. if i hold down the pump 1 or pump 2 button, it shuts off the heater and the circ pump. and then i have to re-set the tub to get it to work again. this is pretty much what was happening before the old board went into watchdog mode..... currently the led dcu is unpluged as im fairly confident it was damadged. i have checked the jumper pins multiple times... nobody seams to have an answer for me, the jaccuzzi tech said it could be the topside. but im getting tired of just replacing parts at this point. 

Thanks,

Chuck