Dream Maker Spa help

Ellisz

Sure, thing.  I redid the manifold using braided tubing to the existing 1/2" spa flex with short sections.  I don't have any 90 elbows any more.  The previous guy had some how modified the fitting with the hot stick and the temp probes so he did not have to replace it.  Not sure how he did it but I removed it and replaced the fitting with the probes - just did not use the hot stick.  Can't vouch for the rest of the plumbing.  Going to see about capping the lines as I remove the pump to not have to drain and refill again :)  Should be fun.

Thanks

So this thing is still confusing me.  I drained the tub and pulled the pump.  Plugged it in and it ran fine and the wires did not get hot.  So it would appear that I have an issue with the inlet plumbing or the outlet plumbing.  I pulled the lower drain strainer and did not see anything obvious.  The part that I think is odd is the inlet plumbing and how it combines the filter drain and the lower drain.  I have attached a pic that hopefully shows what I am talking about.  I am attaching the manifold I re-did incase you see something there as well.

Thanks

ETbhJ2A.jpg

SsWuX2Y.jpgqUNQVGc.jpg

Thanks.  I think that is a easy solution to try.  I am not sure it worked when I first tried it.  Makes me think there is a blockage somewhere.  There are 3 less jets working on the tub as the previous owner did not want to run ant more new pvc when he replaced all of the jets.  That would support needing a smaller pump I suppose.

Agreed.  I thought about adding them back in but pretty sure I would have to buy new jets, spa flex and another manifold. I did leave the option to add a manifold when I re-worked it but I would like to be somewhat confident that all else is good.  When I got it, I thought the air valves were the only issue.  Will have to see what that is like with a smaller impeller.

Do the air valves affect flow or is it just adding air in the line for the spa feeling?  Assume the latter...

Well, century made the motor, the wet end is an aquaflo fmcp. The impeller is for an aquaflo fmcp.

There is a wear ring, which should be fine to re-use, and a shaft seal which you might want to replace if the pump is not new or was ran dry. If it's new I would re-use it too.

It has only been a day but with the smaller impeller, the tub is up to temp and responds to the jets control.  The air valves still don't work but I am thrilled that it is working as it was supposed to when I set it up!

Thanks for all the help RDspaguy!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Bought dreammaker spa brand new had to replace control panel before I could even use it the first time, ran good for a year then burned up 2 heater boards and even blew breaker box outside and one in the house and have had to replace jets on the lounger because they leaked real bad 

Trust me don’t buy one I know others having the same problem and not worth the money are a piece of junk…