Quality Hot Tub Covers?

My current cover is in need of replacement. 7yrs. outside and weather and such have run its course. When researching reviews of cover manufacturers, the manufacturer of my current cover, made in Mexico, has thousands of 1star ratings on the website, 'reseller'. This current cover lasted longer than the previous 3 covers, by far, with no real change in maintenance procedures. So the thousands of negative reviews this company has received is fogging my decision of picking a cover manufacturer to replace this one. All prior covers I disassemble to find the reason(s) they failed, all had similar issues. Water logged foam cores, taped seals of dbl wrapped 'mylar bags' failed allowing water to migrate to foam cores, seals that were taped instead of heat-sealed as claimed by manufacturer. One company, I would love to mention, claimed they heat-sealed their seams, only to find yards of cellophane tape and no heat sealed seam. That cover lasted 3.5 yrs.  So I get that siting outside in the elements, chemicals from spa maintenance, and shotty cover construction lead to these covers failing.......So I'm looking for someone who has had a good experience, as of late in a quality hot tub cover replacement? Thanks for any info offered.

A long time ago, I needed a new cover and I bought from The Cover Guy, one of the deluxe covers. I was in New England and the tub was on a covered porch. 

As I remember it, the cover was really good quality and was about 5 years old when I moved and left the tub for the new owners.

Hmm, I thought I replied to this. Did you have another thread?

Anyway, in my experience (26 years in spa repair) covers are pretty standard. You can purchase upgrades (thicker foam, higher weight foam, double wrap, etc...) from every manufacturer I have seen, and prices are all about the same. In fact, many suppliers are selling the same covers from the same manufacturer. So find the one with the shortest wait times, as I have been waiting over 2 months for one.

"please start your own thread and we will be happy to help"...."Hmm, I thought I replied to this. Did you have another thread?" 

This is my own thread, as you prompted me to do so. My question is/was who makes a quality hot tub cover. Throwing excess money doesn't mean the quality is there. By nature of assembly, materials used, and quality customer reviews makes a sound product. The hot tub guy doesn't answer their phones, so how does one ask questions to make informed decisions when purchasing......anything? That why I ask, " who makes a quality hot tub cover?"  When ya tell me a company makes a quality product....tell me how you know that. That's all I'm asking 

WOW.

I gave you an answer. Now it doesn't quite fit your specific questions so maybe it's not helpful. Our resident spa guys do work for a living and still take time out of their lives to assist us for free. You need to lighten up on them.

Maybe you should write Chris Wheatly and ask him although I'm sure his answer will have a shill for Master Spa in it or maybe a push for his private buyers service.

As it has been said, most covers come from the same place with different names on them. I don't know if the Cover Guy is a middleman or a manufacturer but at one point in my life, I used a cover from them and was happy with it.

1 hour ago, ferrisDJB said:

This is my own thread, as you prompted me to do so.

Ahh, that explains it.

My question is/was who makes a quality hot tub cover.

On 6/3/2021 at 10:56 AM, RDspaguy said:

in my experience (26 years in spa repair) covers are pretty standard.

This means I do not feel there is any one better than another.

Throwing excess money doesn't mean the quality is there.

The "excess money" is for better, sturdier, and thicker materials. If you buy the cheapest cover it will not last nearly as long as a more expensive one from the same place.

When ya tell me a company makes a quality product....tell me how you know that.

All anyone can tell you is their own experience. Which will not necessarily match yours.