Two (2) speed pump - issues

Dus

Just replaced my spa pack with a BP7 (replacing a BP500) because of heating issues last fall.

For some reason, my main 2 speed pump doesn't turn on low speed (only high speed).  Terrible for heating situations as high speed auto shuts off (plus I wouldn't want to be running on high all the time anyway).

I switched the wires at the pump to test low speed availability and it does indeed work.

This is a brand new pack, why would I have issues with the signal on the low side?  I can hear the "clicking" sound when it's the pack is trying to turn on the low speed but with no result.

Any help is appreciated!

3 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

@Dus Post photos of the circuit board and the schematic on the inside cover so we can see how it is set up.

@CanadianSpaTech

Appreciate the quick reply.  My apologies for the terrible pics.  The mosquitoes were out and giving me a hard time.  If you are looking for something specific, I'll take new pics tomorrow.

Just FYI, dip switches were defaulted to 01000000 with an S-20 setup.

I think I configured them correctly to 00100000 (I have 2spd+1spd pumps) with an S-21 setup.  I even tried going back to S-20 (confirmed Pump 2 didn't turn on) just to see but Pump 1 still wasn't having it.

1826575071_20210530_211403-Copy.thumb.jpg.06ada37e2c98f0f4394ebf0c24662c16.jpg1146492668_20210530_211412-Copy.thumb.jpg.fae37635abb463e485e25e82a9c40617.jpg

@RDspaguy

Just tried using the default factory setting dipswitch (0100000) and it didn't change the result :(  Still clicking at the pack but not firing the pump for low speed.

Economy mode?  I haven't found anything referring to this in the documentation.

Appreciate the help thus far!

edit: what parts of the board are you looking for specifically?  I can make sure to take a better pic.

edit2: The "mode" is set to READY as per default which should instruct the usage of the Pump 1 as a 2 speed pump for circulation.

We can close this one off guys.  I fixed the problem today!

After almost throwing in the towel and letting the local pro take a look, I checked the Pump 1 power to the board and noticed that the black wire was slightly pulled out of the plastic housing and thus not making contact.  Re-set the wire into the housing, and voila - low speed is working just fine.

Thanks for the assistance @RDspaguy @CanadianSpaTech

• Like 2