Jacuzzi J-245 LED light issue

This tub was purchased in 2020 so I guess that is the model year?  Anyway J-245 LED lights, two lights sometime work, sometimes don't...not sure if they are on the same circuit or not?  Anyone else have issues?  No other lighting issues but not have these two on is a bit annoying.  Also on the color change they seem to lag behind the other lights when working?  Have not removed any access panels to poke around.  My guess is it is electric as in tied together vs. an issue with the actual light since they both do the same exact thing at the exact time - working or not.

My local dealer is - horrible.  Came out two months ago for the warranty repair and have called for a month with no response.  Horrible.  Really hoping nothing else goes wrong and I have to rely on them.  Never even really said what's wrong with it...

Was looking online for schematics and part diagrams - never found anything more current then 2016??  Is there a solid online source, no issues fixing myself just need to know where to start to look - 

Thanks - 

Jeff

If calling the dealer isn't working call the manufacturer. They are obligated to repair it, and will light a fire under the dealers butt to get him to take care of it.

But bear in mind that there are supply issues all over from covid shutdowns, so it may be a case of waiting for parts. Your dealer should inform you of that, and respond to your message in any event, but his hands may be tied right now.

• Like 1

Where are you located?

Likely a Sloane LED system. If you have 2 lights not working there is a possibility they just fell out of their holders and might just have to be pushed back up into place. If you have LEDs that are lagging you might have to get a "strand" replaced. This is what a "Strand" looks like: https://www.myspapartsstore.com/parts/jacuzzi-spa-parts/jacuzzi-spa-lights/jacuzzi-spa-j-200-series-led-quad-pin-perimeter-light

Each strand will usually have 4 LEDs with a in connector and an out connector that connects to the next strand and so on around the spa. They usually run them around the top edge of the spa and can be hard to access as they are usually installed before the foam insulation. There is a small boot that holds them into the lens that you see inside the spa and you have to be careful when removing them from the lens because in you break off the back of the lens you will then have a leak so use caution and don't just try to pull them out. I will often use a knife to gently cut the boot off the lens part

https://www.myspapartsstore.com/parts/jacuzzi-spa-parts/jacuzzi-spa-lights/jacuzzi-spa-led-light-lens-bullet

Thanks for the reply - I am in Northern Virginia.  I have reached out to Jacuzzi without much luck so I figured I would just fix them my self.  I need to pull the panels off an snoop around.  LED's usually last a good while so I am guessing it is a connection issue or a controller issue.  Its only two lights right now so the "4 lights in a strand" has me concerned.  One of the lights is high above or at the water line and the other is in the footwell.  Thanks for taking time for the links - those lens bullets look like mine, clear.  I will poke around this weekend and let ya'll know what I find.

• Like 1

OK so poked around a bit this weekend.  Took the front skirt off where the controls are, did not find much.  I saw a main connector going into the control box which looks like for the main connection?  The lights that are not working are on the left side of the tub (top and footwell) so I probably should have taken that skirt off instead?  I did not see any junction point for lights - is there one other than the main lead going into the box?  I didn't want to mess with too much since I don't have parts, if needed.  We used the tub yesterday and the lights actually worked - albeit not bright and slow to change colors - still just the two, others are fine.  Should I take off that side skit to try and find a junction?  Called Jacuzzi again, called the local rep again - not mcuh luck. 😞

One other thing - in terms of the lights themselves - yes buried in foam, do you just dig them out?  Tough to see if they are connected or anything else, just a wire going into a foam wall.  If you pull the light out, does the seal etc stay in or is it one unit that has to be resealed.  Not too worried about the top one as a trial test since it is not really on the water line or below but the footwell one has be concerned.

Thanks again - 

You have to dig them out. While you may be able to just pull the wire out, you will never get a new one back in there. 

Once you dig out the foam yourself you will have VOIDED YOUR SPA WARRANTY. I understand you are having issues with your dealer, but I strongly advise against this. If you already have this much trouble from him then he is just the type to find any excuse to get out of his warranty obligations, and you servicing your spa yourself is all the excuse he needs.

So is the warranty on Jacuzzi tubs 1 year parts and labor - coming up on  a year fast, 3 months no service or even a return phone call.  Warranty is over in 2 months.  Called other dealers and they wont touch it, asked who sold and and was told to deal with them.  Not sure what else to do just live with broken lights on a new tub?  This is not rocket science.

The other dealers can't touch it, as Jacuzzi sells territories. If your dealer is not responsive CALL JACUZZI. Write letters. Get a lawyer. Just don't work on it yourself unless you are ready to continue to do so on anything that goes wrong. Raise hell, threaten to sue, demand a new spa or refund, Write daily reviews on the dealer and manufacturer websites, Google, and whoever else let's you write reviews. Become a threat to their bottom line and they will do something just to shut you up.

I know this doesn't help, but this is exactly why I always say that the dealer is the #1 factor in your choice of a spa. 

Contact Jacuzzi directly. Also and write down everything who what when and where. Keep notes. Ask Jacuzzi directly to have them allow another dealer to service your spa. Pre Covid If a (any) dealer was avoiding service responsibilities I would tell folks to go to the showroom on Saturday or even better visit them at a Home Show just after lunch when they are at their busiest sales period and make your displeasure known. Worked every time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok got new lights, got the old ones out (2 bad) - for install in the footwell, draining tub....do I need silicone around the flange or are they self sealing?

BTW still never got a response they don't care - this stuff is not rocket science and given support thus far I will be servicing myself anyway - 

TIA - 

Jeff

• 1 year later...

Hmm, that sounds strange. And I agree that these dealers are irresponsible people who want to get paid without doing any work. When I had problems with some devices and called them, they all avoided me. The problem is that I am not a "technical" person, so every little breakdown makes me struggle. I don't know why? I can't figure out how it works, find the problem and fix even the smallest thing. It frustrates me, but what can I do. I'm thinking about installing led light strips for car interior because I like the way it looks and I want to make my trips more interesting. What do you guys think? Is it hard to install?