Spa works on low speed. Suts off on high with 3 blinking lights

KenV

It's been unseasonably chilly here the past week and I have had the access cover open, but that could be a possibility. I'd bet it's more the sensor than the pump since it resets so quickly. In my past experience with motors when they actually get hot enough to shut down you have time for lunch lol. This shut off lasts around 30 seconds. I think while I'm diving around the insides tomorrow I will vacuum and blow out with my air compressor just to make sure I'm not clogged up with spider webs and critter nests. I pulled a couple mouse nests out from behind the side panel so there could be more hiding.

Thanks again for all your help.

Well, the plot thickens. I disconnected the pressure switch so I could add a jumper. Just for kicks, I decided to get a baseline and turn it on with the switch disconnected because it shouldn't work. Well, it came on with the switch disconnected. I connected the jumper. I got 3 blinking dots on the panel, but it turned on and worked. 

• 1 year later...

Hi I am new to things forum. My LA SPa is not heating. I have removed 3 filters but no change. I don’t know where the pressure switch is.

Do I have to start a new blog or what ever it is called. ( I am a retiree and not quite up to todays computer savvy people)

regards 

Koos Knoetze

3 hours ago, Koos said:

Hi I am new to things forum. My LA SPa is not heating. I have removed 3 filters but no change. I don’t know where the pressure switch is.

Do I have to start a new blog or what ever it is called. ( I am a retiree and not quite up to todays computer savvy people)

regards 

Koos Knoetze

Please do start a new post. In that post take pictures of the inside of the spa controller, the equipment area and the wiring diagram usually found on the inside cover. Do you have a multimeter?