Dashes on my caldera palatino hot tub display

Hi, we just bought a house that came with a Caldera Palatino which I think is 2014 or older. We cleaned it and also flushed the jets, filled it, added bromine and started it. The next day the display was reading 105 degrees F so I adjusted the temp to 90 degrees. Halfway through the morning the display had 4 double dashes and was unresponsive to my attempts to change anything. The pump is working because I can turn the jets on all 4 settings. What am I missing? We are newbies btw

If water level and filters are not the problem, the two rows of dashes would usually indicate a pressure switch or circuit board problem and the pressure switch would be the more likely culprit.  You could try "jumping" the pressure switch to see if the dashes go away.  If so, replace pressure switch, if not, then continue troubleshooting.

The dashes should not prevent you from being able to adjust the temperature on the display.  When the hot tub was reading 105, what was it set for?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Countrygrl said:

100, yes I think it might be the pressure switch but also a problem with the control panel?

Probably not both. Won't know until you test the pressure switch. Ready to get your hands dirty, countrygirl?

Post a pic of the circuit board and equipment area. 

Do you have a multimeter?

• Like 1

@castletonia, what is that small black piece with the blue wires next to the pressure switch? Is that the high limit?

The black square on the heater is the pressure switch. Turn off power and unplug the gray pressure switch cable with the black and red wires from the circuit board. Set your multimeter to the ohm setting and test the two wires for continuity (0 ohms). Then turn on power and pump and test again. Post results.

• 1 year later...

Hi. ..  How did you jumper the Hi Pressure switch?  I think I have the same issue.  two sets of 4 dashes --  lights work, temperature settings can change, etc... but cycling through jets, only hearing clicks -- pumps never come attempt to come on.

Thanks for any feedback!!