If you need to replace a hot tub fuse, don't buy from a spa store. Here are some tips

Disclaimer:  I'm just an average Joe, I'm just sharing my recent findings that saved me a lot of money. 

TLDR: Check Ebay and Amazon for 5-packs at a fraction of the cost at spa retailers and parts stores. 

I needed to replace a 1/8a slow-blow fuse in my spa pack.  Here are prices from various spa retailers: 

• hottuboutpost.com: 1 for $8.47
  • Dream Maker (manufacturer):  1 for ~$10 (had to call)
  • Local spa shop: 1 for $11

Versus Ebay:  5 for $4 ($0.80 each)(name brand was Cooper Bussman), which was the going rate for that type of fuse. 

I kept wondering wondering what the difference was between the fuses sold by spa shops vs Amazon and Ebay (aside from the hit to your wallet), and the answer at the end of the day is:  There isn't any difference. 

Sure enough, I blew 2 more fuses before identifying the actual problem so I was glad to have spares.  

It's important to make sure specs are the same, but it's worth every penny.  

Other helpful advice and tips:

Check local auto parts stores and hardware stores for your fuse!  There's a chance you can find 1/2a-MDL-240v or higher locally.  

Slow-blow = MDL in the fuse world (all fuses in my spa are slow-blow).

1/8a = 125 ma = 0.125a (specifications could list it in any of these ways)

Some are listed in inches and others are in mm.  1.25" × 0.25" fuse is listed commonly as 30mm x 10mm in mm.  Both are acceptable.