How are the lights for Dream Maker x-400 wired?

There's a 1/8 amp fuse that keeps blowing (new ones come in this weekend), and the 15-year-old wiring for the lights is a noteworthy suspect.  

This led me to realize that I have no idea how the lights are wired, and there are no diagrams or helpful instructions that I can find online.  

There are two lights. One is easy to access (directly behind pump), and I've plugged/unplugged the wiring harness from the spa pack plenty of times.  

The thing is, I've only plugged/unplugged the molex connector so far, and I've only seen the picture of a replacement harness on various parts websites (same single picture), like this.

From the picture, it looks like there's the one end to plug into the control board, and the other is for (I'm guessing) the light behind the pump. 

So how is the color-changing LED on the opposite side wired and connected?  Do I have to drain the hot tub?  Do I have to tear out that spray-foam insulation?  That's my biggest fear, is that I'll have to rip out a bunch of foam insulation to fix this small wiring problem. 

I've already emptied it twice in the past two weeks getting it fixed up and I just got the water dialed in, so I'm crossing my fingers I won't have to drain it again.  

On 5/21/2021 at 1:49 PM, RDspaguy said:

Post a pic of the circuit board and wiring diagram on the control box.

Ah, I've actually got that handy! :) 

Just ignore the red/black drawings on there... irrelevant to this topic. 

I just don't know if I'm going to have to drain the hot tub, or remove the insulation, etc.  There's the waterfall light and the pump-side light is how I'm going to refer to them.  The pump-side light is right at the access panel, easily accessible.  The waterfall light is on the other side.  

I'm still trying to find the source of what is causing the fuse to blow.  

Wiring diagram for control board.jpg

I was able to figure out just enough to fix my problem with the lights (I think, at least... only time will tell).  

For my hot tub (x-400), the wiring for the lights is spliced.  The wire from the control board is split into two.  I've attached a picture of the connection that was made.  They put heat-shrink tubing around the connection, but the heat-shrink tubing failed and the connection was rusty.  

I was looking for the replacement harness, but  I cannot find it so I'm a bit perplexed.  All I can find is a one-light wiring harness.  So what I did was I cut out the rusted crimp connector, stripped and exposed some new wire and placed a wire nut around it to hold it all together.   This fix is working like a charm, and we're good to go.  

Although I would like to know if there's a reason that I cannot find a replacement harness... It's just a little odd...

20210523_172117.jpg

• Like 1